kallend

Gender neutral restrooms?

We've been using gender neutral bathrooms for a long time folks. Check out your average gas station pooper. In many cases there's only one of them at the facility, and it needs to be shared by both men and women. Granted there's usually only room for one person in these bathrooms, but it is a shared bathroom.

There's way too many people judging others in this thread (what else is new). What do you care if a uni-sex bathroom appears some where? If you've got to go, you've got to go and in many cases (in the public's perception) it's better to use the facilities than it is to pull up a tree.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

The first time I saw co-ed washrooms was at the dorm at Humber College. Now I see them more and more in nightclubs and whatnot.

To be perfectly honnest. At first I thought it was a little weird. Now they have grown on me. Rather than thinking it's weird to go drop a dump where a woman does... I think "How weird is it that I used to think that way?"

Honnestly, what need do you have for seperate washrooms when you go into a stall and close your own 4 walls anyway? All it means is that a whole room full of toilets may go un-sat-upon while a line forms half a mile long outside the womens' loo!

Think about it people, we are far beyond needing every building to be equipped with the extra facilities.... Didn't we all get our Koodie Shots during toddlerhood? :D

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

>What was that word that almost everyone seems to have forgotten? Ah, decorum.

As I recall, the same argument was used to preserve colored bathrooms for quite some time. Not because the whites enforcing it disliked blacks, perish the thought - it was to preserve decorum, the polite separation of different classes of people who have different standards. Indeed, they thought it the considerate thing to do, by giving their kind a bathroom of their own.

I suspect that a man from 100 years from now will be as puzzled by two doors that say "men" and "women" ("what, are there women in there?") as we would be by the three separate bathrooms of history.

My only issue with the "Gender Neutral" potties is simply.

With the spotlight on child abuse, sexual preditors...ect.

We now have people that are registered sex offenders because they were seen nakid by a kid...Thats fucked up. How to avoid BS like this?

For the parents out there...How would you feel about your 13 year old going into a bathroom with 16,20,40 year old men in there?

Now as for bathrooms with facilities for only one....Who gives a shit?

Just place a "Bathroom" sign on the door with a lock and crap away.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

>How would you feel about your 13 year old going into a bathroom with
>16,20,40 year old men in there?

That happens now. Wouldn't you want the ability to be in the bathroom with him if you were his mother and concerned about him? Allowing parents in bathrooms would seem the safer course than attempting to keep potential assailants out of the bathroom.

For the parents out there...How would you feel about your 13 year old going into a bathroom with 16,20,40 year old men in there?

Hey, what about 60 year old men? Are we chopped liver or something?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

How would you feel about your 13 year old going into a bathroom with

That happens now. Wouldn't you want the ability to be in the bathroom with him if you were his mother and concerned about him? Allowing parents in bathrooms would seem the safer course than attempting to keep potential assailants out of the bathroom.

How many Malls have you been to and seen a 13 year old girl with her father in a bathroom?

Answer the question, not divert the question.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

How about the Dad who has to take is 4 year old daughter to the bathroom? She either has to watch men in the urinals or listen to women scream as her father walks her into the ladies room.

oh yeah.. I remember those days. I'm sooo glad I can just wait in front of the women's room, except she can take forever!!!
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

As I recall, the same argument was used to preserve colored bathrooms for quite some time.

Why did I know that someone like you would say something like that? Just call me a sexist piece of shit next time, because I don't want ladies hearing me drop a load and I don't want to hear them dropping theirs.

Maybe we should launch a protest against God or nature (or whatever you beleive) since for some reason, men and women were just made different. Who can we sue?

Whatever, dude.
Oh, hello again!

This has to be the single dumbest, most non-issue debate in the history of fucking idiot college students with too much time on their hands.

Well, that's a bit more direct than your normal (wry, out of left field, humorous) commentary.

Sometimes one just gets tired of trying.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>Answer the question, not divert the question.
------------------------------------------------
>How would you feel about your 13 year old going into a bathroom with

To answer that question - since it happens right now it doesn't make me feel at all bad. My nephew (8) is regularly in bathrooms with 20 year old men in it.

How about three f*in' bathrooms:

M

F

?

:D

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

I like the family restrooms that alot of malls are going to. It gives dad's with daughters and mom's with sons more options. I agree with whoever suggested M, F, & "?". If you have any gender identity issues just choose "?".

Side note, many years ago, I was in a ladies room in a restaraunt. Several "ladies" were in there with me. Turns out they were cross dressers or something along that line - I was very VERY uncomfortable about them using the women's restroom. Now, I'm just a conservative mid-west girl, so it was a bit of a shock. Just didnt seem appropriate at the time.

I like the family restrooms that alot of malls are going to. It gives dad's with daughters and mom's with sons more options. I agree with whoever suggested M, F, & "?". If you have any gender identity issues just choose "?".

Side note, many years ago, I was in a ladies room in a restaraunt. Several "ladies" were in there with me. Turns out they were cross dressers or something along that line - I was very VERY uncomfortable about them using the women's restroom. Now, I'm just a conservative mid-west girl, so it was a bit of a shock. Just didnt seem appropriate at the time.

Exactly. I wonder if any of the Pro-Gender Neutral Wackos have considered the fact that some people can't pee when the opposite sex is watching. What about the feelings of the Anti-Gender Neutral people?

>How about if I'd rather take a dump without a woman in the stall next to me?

How about all the people who would rather take a dump without a black next to them? They used to have colored bathrooms, you know. Why are you shoving your colorblind morality down their throats?

To answer that question - since it happens right now it doesn't make me feel at all bad. My nephew (8) is regularly in bathrooms with 20 year old men in it.

How about an 8yo girl going into a bathroom that has men in it?

I wonder if any of the Pro-Gender Neutral Wackos have considered the fact that some people can't pee when the opposite sex is watching.

hihihihi, you would have liked this bar on Times Square I was in last year. Had seperate urinals in front of a two way mirror in the hall leading to the rest of the unisex washrooms. Nothing like taking a leak while an unsuspecting lady is checking if she has food in her teeth right in front of you :P:P:o:ph34r:

How about all the people who would rather take a dump without a black next to them? They used to have colored bathrooms, you know. Why are you shoving your colorblind morality down their throats?

How about someone black who doesn't want someone white taking a dump next to them? Have you ever considered their pro-segregationist feelings about who they are comfortable withhaving next to them as you rampage on with your gender blind jiihad?

I wonder if any of the Pro-Gender Neutral Wackos have considered the fact that some people can't pee when the opposite sex is watching.

hihihihi, you would have liked this bar on Times Square I was in last year. Had seperate urinals in front of a two way mirror in the hall leading to the rest of the unisex washrooms. Nothing like taking a leak while an unsuspecting lady is checking if she has food in her teeth right in front of you :P:P:o:ph34r:

Thats what I'm talkin about. How am I supposed to pee with some ugly woman pickin her teeth and checkin out my Boys in the mirror. yuk!!

How about someone black who doesn't want someone white taking a dump next to them? Have you ever considered their pro-segregationist feelings about who they are comfortable withhaving next to them as you rampage on with your gender blind jiihad?

Are you serious?:S

You really think a whisper-thin group of trannies is enough to make the vast majority of men and women of all colors incredibly uncomfortable?

Why should the whole world adapt to such a tiny demographic? The parallel to racial segregation is weak at best.