cl0wn

Flat packing tutorial?

To be precise, the Dual Hawk manual says to - sort of - roll pack the front of the canopy but flat pack the back of the canopy. This is because riggers need to hide the nose of most tandem reserves to make them hesitate a second or two during inflation. Even with "slow" packing methods, you will not want to open at tandem terminal too many times.

The older Para-Flite manuals show true flat packing.

Thanks gunpaq. I usually jump at STI and PST, but maybe I'll come to Burnaby some day.

I started doing accuracy jumps with Parafoil Gold recently, and I find it very inefficient to pack these canopies with ProPack...

riggerrob:
This seems to be the manual you're referring to:
http://www.skydivestlouisarea.com/instruction/ParaFliteRollPacking.pdf

Fanello1775

https://youtu.be/xIlAYLodhKc

Check this out. It is how we flat pack our 360's at work.

Why does it have separate handles on fronts, and what are the clamps they're attached to? Look vaguely like trim tabs, is that it? and if so, why'd military rigs include that?

Also, holy crap, with a slider that big, you scarcely need a parachute.
"Skydivers are highly emotional people. They get all excited about their magical black box full of mysterious life saving forces."

mathrick

***https://youtu.be/xIlAYLodhKc

Check this out. It is how we flat pack our 360's at work.

Why does it have separate handles on fronts, and what are the clamps they're attached to? Look vaguely like trim tabs, is that it? and if so, why'd military rigs include that?

HAHO jumps, to reconfigure glide and rate of descend.
-------------------------------------------------------

To absent friends

peek

***Not video, but I've got these in my files.

May I put these files in my skydiving instructional area on my web site? If you tell me what you want on it, I can add an author or a source at the top.

I don't even know where I got them from. I d/l ed them years ago, they are just randomly in my collection of helpful files. One of them has a name of who produced it, but I don't know that person. Googling the file names only comes up with this thread. But I'm pretty sure that whoever created them made them to help people learn and not for profit, so I would say use them.

Possibly someone here knows who Andrew Donald is. I can tell he is Canadian from the terms used.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.