rhino

Volunteers to patrol Arizona-Mexico border

>Mexico is practically a third world country, so we can see what how
> Mexicans manage their own country. With enough illegal Mexicans
> the US is only going to go one direction, DOWN.

This has been predicted for every single group that's come to the US. The jews, the poles, the irish, the italians, and now the puerto ricans and the mexicans. We have survived (indeed, prospered) in every case. In the end, it turns out that the additional diversity a new people affords us is a good thing, not a bad thing.

When my grandparents got here to the US, there was a huge anti-Irish bias. "Irish need not apply," read most of the job ads in the paper. It took him over a year to get a job as a city mechanic; nobody wanted him, because everyone knew he was just another dirt-poor, drunk Irishman. Nowadays, if someone started in on those 'drunken, lazy, good for nothing Irish" people would look at him funny and wonder who peed in his beer.

I agree that there is a problem with _illegal_ immigration, and I'd be all for a way for more people to legally come here to work, while keeping the illegal ones out. But the problem is that they are illegally crossing the border, not that they're mexican.

The bottom line is that we don't need them, they are not welcome here, and that they are IN FACT, ILLEGAL. Thank goodness there are still plenty of Americans who are willing to stand up for the USA and defend its borders. Mexico is practically a third world country, so we can see what how Mexicans manage their own country. With enough illegal Mexicans the US is only going to go one direction, DOWN.
>:(

Wow, strong words...
But Mexicans are very friendly people and that is why your are always welcome here if you want to do some nice BASE Jumping.
Check out
www.mexbase.com or contact Jay for one of his Boogies in this 3 world country...
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

You are correct Bill, but unlike every group that has come before them, the Mexicans are not here to assimilate into the American way. That is why you have to choose between English and Spanish at ATMs now. They want to have our cake and eat it too. I'm all for legal immigration and agree that part of what has made America great is that we are made up of the those seeking a better life, and those willing to do soemthing to get it. I don't see the wave of Mexican illegals pouring into our country trying to follow that ocurse. As a group they are not trying to learn our language. It is damaging our schools and our country as a whole.

I support legal immigration, but I demand that we require those who want the fruits of our country's labor to learn the language and to want to be an American. I do not want 2 or 3 million mexicans who flaunt our laws and want only to make America another Mexico.

MexBase- Yes there are great people and places in Mexico, but as a whole, the country is a pretty big mess. Widespread coruption, crime, poverty, etc.

>but unlike every group that has come before them, the Mexicans are not
>here to assimilate into the American way.

That's what was said about all the other groups. Irish are drunks. Italians are all into organized crime; why allow criminals into the US who don't care about becoming americans?

>It is damaging our schools and our country as a whole.

Yeah, LA and San Diego are ghost towns now that there are large mexican populations there.

>I support legal immigration, but I demand that we require those who want
> the fruits of our country's labor to learn the language and to want to be
>an American.

You have no right to impose your will on legal visitors or other US citizens. They can speak any language they choose, just as you can.

>I do not want 2 or 3 million mexicans who flaunt our laws and want only
>to make America another Mexico.

And I don't want the US to be made up of people ignorant of other cultures who can only speak one language. But that's just my opinion.

OK, enough of that lovey-dovey. Let's get this thread back to it's intended purpose: bashing the ACLU. :P

Jimbo's Article

and so on...
INVASION USA
ACLU smoking dope at border?
Minutemen say photos show 'legal observers' getting high

and so forth...
INVASION USA
ACLU aiding illegal entry into U.S.?
Minuteman spokesman charges group with criminal activity

etc...
INVASION USA
Minuteman Project expanding to 4 states
Civilian monitors will also target employers that hire illegal aliens

witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

>I support legal immigration, but I demand that we require those who want
> the fruits of our country's labor to learn the language and to want to be
>an American.

You have no right to impose your will on legal visitors or other US citizens. They can speak any language they choose, just as you can.

But we CAN make all Government papers in English..Why should we have to pay to have papers made in another language ?

If I moved to France I would Learn French, not demand that they speak English.

And I don't want the US to be made up of people ignorant of other cultures who can only speak one language. But that's just my opinion.

You can be aware, and even speak other language ...But still want the main language in your country to be the Original language
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

>But we CAN make all Government papers in English..Why should we
>have to pay to have papers made in another language ?

I agree. English is the official language. Local towns can choose to add other languages if it's appropriate, and the people paying for it (i.e. the people paying taxes to the town) approve. But the basis should always be english.

>If I moved to France I would Learn French, not demand that they speak English.

No problem there. Fortunately for you, airports often have multilingual signs, even though the primary language is french.

>But still want the main language in your country to be the Original language.

You want us to all speak Cherokee?

I agree. English is the official language. Local towns can choose to add other languages if it's appropriate, and the people paying for it (i.e. the people paying taxes to the town) approve. But the basis should always be english.

Wow, we agree.

>If I moved to France I would Learn French, not demand that they speak English.

No problem there. Fortunately for you, airports often have multilingual signs, even though the primary language is french.

Again we agree.

>But still want the main language in your country to be the Original language.

You want us to all speak Cherokee?

Cherokee was not the original language...It was a string of grunts moans and yelling.

But just as we adopted words such as "Patio" into English...A mix of the language will happen...Thats fine. In the case of Cherokee...Well they were never large enough, or enduring enough to assimulate English.

The peopplem is when a gorup refuses to learn the language of the land and tries to force the whole to accept and change for them.

In your Cherokee example they did not have enough strength...We should not let that happen with English.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Funny they packed up right when it was getting warm here!

Hell, I would not stay either....AZ in the summer is HOT.

I bet most of them are retiree's and just as the population on Yuma Tripples in the winter, I bet most went to their summer homes.

The got the message they wanted to broadcast out.

You can be aware, and even speak other language ...But still want the main language in your country to be the Original language

So how are the Seminole/Muskogee lessons going, Ron?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Been covered....do try and keep up.

Maybe we can get you a "Hover round";)

>Cherokee was not the original language...It was a string of grunts
>moans and yelling.

I think you've taken the cake with that one.

I think you misunderstood Ron's response.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Been covered....do try and keep up.

Maybe we can get you a "Hover round";)

I was there a while back, Ron, keep up yourself:

www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1588050#1588050

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I was there a while back, Ron, keep up yourself:

And I answered that question there, and her again.....Oldtimers?;)

The peopplem is when a gorup refuses to learn the language of the land and tries to force the whole to accept and change for them.

Living in So.Cal., working in the medical field, we encounter those who refuse to learn even a little English. Some of them have lived here for several decades and continue to refuse.

On a couple of occasions it pushed my buttons when a patient has demanded that I speak their language and asked why I didn't I know it. I've countered back with, "This is the United States. We speak English here".

I felt bad on those two occasions. Not that I have this opinion, but that they had pushed my buttons far enough for me to respond this way to them. Not very professional (and we do provide interpreters). Yet, it is my belief that if you choose to -live- in a country, you learn their language. Period.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Yet, it is my belief that if you choose to -live- in a country, you learn their language. Period.

I'm Cherokee Indian.. No one knows my language?

After all.. It was my peoples country first ;)

How do you know I don't know Cherokee? ;)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon