Ron

Terri Schiavo... Died

RIP. I hope there are answers with her autopsy, and that the people in her life can return to some degree of normalcy.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Finally she can have peace.

Did anyone watch South Park last night? It had a good commentary on the entire ordeal, Kenny was in a vegitative state and kept alive via a feeding tube...anyways, good social commentary.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

1st off R.I.P. Terri. But unfortunately the brain is an electrical piece of anatomy. They will find nothing on her autopsy in regards to her brain. if the body is dead the brain will no longer produce elctrical impulse thus they will have no way interperting activity in the brain. This should have been done why she was alive. Rumors have it that her last thorough neuro exam was over 2 years ago.

Fire Safety Tip: Don't fry bacon while naked

Now she can quit being the media circus that she was and simply be allowed to rest in peace.

South Park last night was incredible. It was about this debate. They found Kenny's written wish that if he was in a vegetative state, "Please, for the love of God, do not show me that way on National TV."

I made no commentary in the other thread because I thought it was disgusting the way she was being paraded on national TV by both sides.

Bravo to South Park. Summed up my feelings perfectly. As Stan said, "We were right for the wrong reasons, and they were wrong for the right reasons."

Dang - AggieDave beat me to the South PArk reference. I didn't think they even had electricity, much less cable tv, strung out in those parts...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Finally she can have peace.

Did anyone watch South Park last night? It had a good commentary on the entire ordeal, Kenny was in a vegitative state and kept alive via a feeding tube...anyways, good social commentary.

That was the greatest south park episode ever.

i just found out about the PSP seconds before when a friend of me walks in thinking he's all hot shit cuz he just bought a PSP. Then I sat down to watch South Park and was laughing my ass off the entire time.
This ad space for sale.

Now everyone go out and get your living wills updated so you're not next.

Take charge of your life by taking charge of your death. Don't be afraid to let your wishes be known -and binding.

I loved the SouthPark - have it TiVo'd.

__

Did you also see that Mr Wonderful denied her family access during her last hour alive?

I don't blame him. I don't agree with it, but I can't blame him.

They made his life hell, called him every name in the book, claimed he beat her, abused her, blamed him for her condition....ect.

I think it would have been nice of him to let them see her, but I don't blame him for not letting them one bit.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Did you also see that Mr Wonderful denied her family access during her last hour alive? The anger I feel right now toward him/it is over whelming.
>:(

J

We have no idea what was being said from either party. I know from experience, when I had to deal with my children's father's death, his damn family was nothing but a pain in my ass. I denied them access to the room when Jack had to be taken off life support. That was our time.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I feel for her family and friends. It sounds like some people are trying to make the best of it by ensuring they don't find themselves in the middle of a similar circus, so at least there is a bright side.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

> Did you also see that Mr Wonderful denied her family access during her last hour alive?

I don't blame him one bit. He has a right to spend his wife's last hours with her, and knowing what her parents have done so far, they would have tried something (like rescuscitation.)

I am glad this is finally over, and am impressed that Michael Schiavo acted as an advocate for his wife's wishes and defended them against all those who wanted to use her for their own purposes. I think this world would be a better place if there were more people like him, willing to endure death threats, public approbation, and media slander to make sure his dying wife's wishes are carried out - and to stick to his guns for 15 years.

Did you also see that Mr Wonderful denied her family access during her last hour alive?

I don't blame him. I don't agree with it, but I can't blame him.

They made his life hell, called him every name in the book, claimed he beat her, abused her, blamed him for her condition....ect.

I think it would have been nice of him to let them see her, but I don't blame him for not letting them one bit.

My mother has permission and it is my wish for her (or someone) to shoot to kill anyone that would prevent her from seeing me on my death bed.

He had already moved on with his life along time ago, got a girlfriend and some kids from someone else. Now that sounds like true love and compassion.

j
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

> Did you also see that Mr Wonderful denied her family access during her last hour alive?

I don't blame him one bit. He has a right to spend his wife's last hours with her, and knowing what her parents have done so far, they would have tried something (like rescuscitation.)

I am glad this is finally over, and am impressed that Michael Schiavo acted as an advocate for his wife's wishes and defended them against all those who wanted to use her for their own purposes. I think this world would be a better place if there were more people like him, willing to endure death threats, public approbation, and media slander to make sure his dying wife's wishes are carried out - and to stick to his guns for 15 years.

The ACLU took his side and wanted her dead, but it would have been a very different situation had she been a convicted murderer on death row.

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

[reply- and to stick to his guns for 15 years.

Stuck to his guns? He has a girlfriend and kids with another woman. Was that part of her wishes. Was denying her family access to her on her death bed part of her wishes? [:/]

J
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

My mother has permission and it is my wish for her (or someone) to shoot to kill anyone that would prevent her from seeing me on my death bed.

That is your wish at this time. But till you have been put in a situation like I was in, you have no idea if your feelings would change.

He had already moved on with his life along time ago, got a girlfriend and some kids from someone else. Now that sounds like true love and compassion.

Again, you have no idea what was discussed between the married couple. There are times in a relationship when you have a conversation with your mate, and the subject is brought up that you want your mate to go on with their life and re-marry if something were to happen to them. Do you not believe that Michael and Terri did not have that discussion? We will never know.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Just heard one of my old media professors on the news talking about why this was a public circus. His take:

1) It had a major foundation for a good story - conflict. Right vs. Left, Family vs. Family, and the ultimate and final conflict of Live vs. Death.

2) It had Resonance. People can relate because it has happened to them or someone they know.

3) It got "legs" - during a time of not much else going on, it was pushed to the front of the news. (see # 1 & 2 above for why) Once it was out there a few times, it "got legs" - became a big story that could stand on it's own.

Interesting I thought.

---

>Stuck to his guns? He has a girlfriend and kids with another woman. Was
>that part of her wishes.

She left this planet 15 years ago. The only things left to do at that point were a) make sure there was nothing else anyone could do for her (which he did for 8 years) and b) carry out her final wishes with respect to her body.

>Was denying her family access to her on her death bed part of her wishes?

In his judgement, yes. When a man and woman are married, they in many ways become one person - and each can then speak for the other.

That is your wish at this time. But till you have been put in a situation like I was in, you have no idea if your feelings would change.

I watched my father die, had I been denyed access by anyone - there would have been a big problem. I love my mother, those wishes won't change.

You don't know either what conversations this "couple" had. We only know what HE says.

Judy