alana

Canada approves of killing baby seals

This post is directed at no one in particular but rather to the thread in general. As such I am replying to the original post.

I'll be blunt, I don't have a problem with the seal hunt.

The people that carry out the hunt are barely able to earn a living doing this and fishing and whatever else to keep their families fed BUT I have a thought for all the people that have a problem with the hunt.

YOU HAVE THE SOLUTION!

Yes, you can adopt a family and supply them with the income they would make from the hunt in return for not hunting. If you pound on your drums and beat up enough support all of the families that suppliment their meager incomes with the seal hunt can be adopted.

Put your money where your mouths are. Do something other than bitch about something that has NO direct impact on your comfortable lives.

Adopt a seal hunter.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

and what where part of your interests "Shootin'"? I guess that must mean shootin' your mouth off to conquer your mission.

Again, you need to unplug.

And your Nickname in your profile is "combatpackerbarbie".:S Pot, meet kettle.

Who cares what his post count is? This is an online forum, hence it's purpose is for people to post. Funny how that works out.;)
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

I wish I had the means and the $$ to go up there and kick some ass! The things I would do to those bastards!

What would you do to the seal hunters? Club them to death, then skin them, and throw their bodies in a pile?

sounds fair.
Also by your logic there was sense in the Holocaust. After all if so many people were willing to do it there must be some sense in it.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

This post is directed at no one in particular but rather to the thread in general. As such I am replying to the original post.

The people that carry out the hunt are barely able to earn a living doing this and fishing and whatever else to keep their families fed BUT I have a thought for all the people that have a problem with the hunt.

YOU HAVE THE SOLUTION!

Yes, you can adopt a family and supply them with the income they would make from the hunt in return for not hunting. If you pound on your drums and beat up enough support all of the families that suppliment their meager incomes with the seal hunt can be adopted.

Put your money where your mouths are. Do something other than bitch about something that has NO direct impact on your comfortable lives.

Adopt a seal hunter.

I don't buy this whole thing about the moronic hunters not having another way to support their family. If they are too stupid to do something better then perhaps they should have never made their children to begin with. I have a college degree, own my own house and make more money than the average individual. But I don't see where I would get the money to support children. Hence I don't have any. Justifying animal torture because somebody is too stupid to find a more civilized job is not something I will support.

YOU HAVE THE SOLUTION!

Adopt a seal hunter.

I don't buy this whole thing about the moronic hunters not having another way to support their family. If they are too stupid to do something better then perhaps they should have never made their children to begin with. I have a college degree, own my own house and make more money than the average individual. But I don't see where I would get the money to support children. Hence I don't have any. Justifying animal torture because somebody is too stupid to find a more civilized job is not something I will support.

Agree completely...

And I don't agree in the Holocaust as a side note.

To clarify....which I have already done a few times, is the fact that I vented my thoughts and aggressions out on this forum as to what I would "hypothetically" like to do to the hunters so that they could feel the pain they cause. I will apologize now for not making it clear that I could and would never do something of the sort, but only wish they would think about the suffering and pain they are inflicting.

As to the attacks on me for "stating my opinions" on this subject....People are going to be biased. People are going to take sides and take stands. ..it's called having "opinions" and how one choses to interperate and take in the information presented. Why is it that just becasue I have posted my decision on which side I take, what I believe to be true (and I have done my reearch on both sides) that I am being condemned for speaking out? People take sides, people voice their opinions, all of you have, should I condemn you for judging me before you have done ALL your homework...no!! This is called speakers corner for a reason, and if people are continually condemning others for their thoughts and beliefs then none of you will ever grow. I listen, I think, I hear you all, but condeming me, or anyone else for taking a side, won't help me or anyone else to grow or see the other side, it will just make them stick to their side even more. RESPECT others opinions and beliefs. I've chosen my side and there's not much you're gonna do about it. Like the seal hunters themselves..they believe it's right to slaughter the seals, so they do it. I just happen to be on the opposing side.

Peace

P.S. Have you stopped to consider your position in defending alana and her idea to torture seal hunters, in conjunction with the fact that you are also a hunter?

Late reply but, not too late, I am sure:

Yes, I am a hunter. Legally. Difference is, I do not hunt baby seals, I do not thrash any (baby) animal with iron sticks half dead and skin them while they still are alive.

Big difference, Mr. JohnRich. :S

dudeist skydiver # 3105

and what where part of your interests "Shootin'"? I guess that must mean shootin' your mouth off to conquer your mission.

Again, you need to unplug.

And your Nickname in your profile is "combatpackerbarbie".:S Pot, meet kettle.

Now, if you only knew WHY her nickname is combat barbie packer you wouldn't have made such an uneducated comment. Her nickname has NOTHING to do with this post or any other post on this planet. She is not in combat or has ever been in combat. She doesn't kill or shoot things....

Let me EDUCATE you on WHY she is nicknamed that...She is a KICK ASS packer at her local dz and has been nicknamed that like MANY others have nicknamed themselves names which are meaningful to them. It is a positive thing, NOT a negative thing which you are trying to turn it into. Let's not make things into what they're not.

I agree with her whole heartedly......

Peace

Your Forum Post activity is a bit high don't you think?

So? What's your point? "A bit high" compared to what? Is there some limit on the number of replies one is allowed to make?

and what where part of your interests "Shootin'"? I guess that must mean shootin' your mouth off...

Do you have a problem with the exercise of free speech?

Participation here is voluntary. You don't have to read this thread.

What would you do to the seal hunters? Club them to death, then skin them, and throw their bodies in a pile?

sounds fair.

Well, you and alana should get along smashingly. You can start a seal-hunting posse, and go get yourselves some of 'dem evil seal hunters. Yeehaw!

It's ironic how those who profess to care so much wanting to stop the killing of one species, are willing to commit murder against another. It kind of makes you both look not so kind-hearted after all.

So? What's your point? "A bit high" compared to what? Is there some limit on the number of replies one is allowed to make?

and what where part of your interests "Shootin'"? I guess that must mean shootin' your mouth off...

Do you have a problem with the exercise of free speech?

Participation here is voluntary. You don't have to read this thread.

I don't believe she has a problem with it. I think she might just have a problem with HOW it might be abused sometimes. And when I say abused, that's relative to how someone views how one should conduct themsleves. She used HER freedom of speach to let you know that she doesn't agree with HOW you conduct yourself, that's it. Just like YOU have commented on how everyone else should view this issue and how they should think.

You shouldn't have an issue with that.

I don't buy this whole thing about the moronic hunters not having another way to support their family. If they are too stupid to do something better then perhaps they should have never made their children to begin with. Justifying animal torture because somebody is too stupid to find a more civilized job is not something I will support.

Now that is a fine example of cultural bias. Calling someone "stupid" because they live in a different place and with a different lifestyle than you, is the height of bigotry.

Not everyone has access to birth control. Even when you do, it doesn't always work. They have the right to have children, just like anyone else. Your suggestion that their "breed" should be snuffed out, smacks of something horrible, circa 1940's.

So all the eskimos should just move to the big city and get jobs driving taxiis?

I have a feeling that if we dropped you off on a far-northern ice floe, that you would be bopping seals over the head in no time flat, for food and clothing.

sounds fair.

Well, you and alana should get along smashingly. You can start a seal-hunting posse, and go get yourselves some of 'dem evil seal hunters. Yeehaw!

It's ironic how those who profess to care so much wanting to stop the killing of one species, are willing to commit murder against another. It kind of makes you both look not so kind-hearted after all.

John, I thought you were educated...this subject has been adressed by me and STILL you beat a dead horse. If you need to refer back and actually READ what I said on the matter, please look at my previous posts....Still you make assumptions and juvenile stamements. I don't see the education in your statments. Let's move on.

P.S. Have you stopped to consider your position in defending alana and her idea to torture seal hunters, in conjunction with the fact that you are also a hunter?

Yes, I am a hunter. Legally. Difference is, I do not hunt baby seals, I do not thrash any (baby) animal with iron sticks half dead and skin them while they still are alive. Big difference

The seal hunt is also legal. No difference.

If they shot them dead quickly with a high-powered rifle, before skinning them, I guess that would be identical to what you do. Dead is dead. No difference.

It's fun to watch one animal-killer, tell other animal-killers that they're wrong.

And your comment here indicates that you didn't bother to read the web site reference I provided which gives the other side of the story, compared to the biased animal-rights info that alana cites. Here's a few excerpts for you:

SEAL HUNT MYTHS AND REALITIES

Myth #1: The Canadian government allows sealers to kill adorable little white seals.

Reality: The image of the whitecoat harp seal is used prominently by seal hunt opponents. This image gives the false impression that vulnerable seal pups are targeted by sealers during the commercial hunt.

The hunting of harp seal pups (whitecoats) and hooded seal pups (bluebacks) is illegal – and has been since 1987. Marine Mammal Regulations prohibit the trade, sale or barter of the fur of these pups. Furthermore, seals cannot be harvested when they are in breeding or birthing grounds.

Myth #2: Seals are being skinned alive.

Reality: The most recent Canadian Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA) Report and numerous reports mentioned by the Malouf Commission (1987) indicate that this is not true.

Sometimes a seal may appear to be moving after it has been killed; however seals have a swimming reflex that is active – even after death. This reflex falsely appears as though the animal is still alive when it is clearly dead – similar to the reflex in chickens.

Myth #6: The club – or hakapik – is a barbaric tool that has no place in today’s world.

Reality: Clubs have been used by sealers since the onset of the hunt hundreds of years ago. Hakapiks originated with Norwegian sealers who found it very effective. Over the years, studies conducted by the various veterinary experts, and American studies carried out between 1969 and 1972 on the Pribilof Islands hunt (Alaska) have consistently proven that the club or hakapik is an efficient tool designed to kill the animal quickly and humanely. A recent report in September, 2002, by the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association, had results that parallel these findings.

So you were wrong about the babies. You were wrong about the clubs. You were wrong about the "half-dead". And you were wrong about the skinning alive.

Is there anything else you would like to try for?

I don't believe she has a problem with it. I think she might just have a problem with HOW it might be abused sometimes. She used HER freedom of speach to let you know that she doesn't agree with HOW you conduct yourself...

Well if she had a problem with what I was saying, she should have just said so, instead of talking about the number of my messages.

Yes, I am a hunter. Legally. Difference is, I do not hunt baby seals, I do not thrash any (baby) animal with iron sticks half dead and skin them while they still are alive. Big difference

The seal hunt is also legal. No difference.

If they shot them dead quickly with a high-powered rifle, before skinning them, I guess that would be identical to what you do. Dead is dead. No difference.

It's fun to watch one animal-killer, tell other animal-killers that they're wrong.

JohnRich, I feel sure that my lessons, learning all about local animals, training on weapons, etc. with the goal to kill the animal without torturing it, had a reason. Do not torture what you want to shoot. Kill, I say kill, proper, quick, do not torture. That is what I learned over 9 months of education before I got my license to kill (animals). I kill the deer, yes. But I avoid to cause pain at the animal.

What those baby seal killers are doing: They cause tremendous pain. They do not kill the animal with a proper and fine shoot. They kill like robots. Do not try to convince me of the contrary. Baby seals cannot escape. They just sit there waiting to be beaten to (half) death.
You know it.

Would you beat a fawn (half) dead if it just was sitting there, waiting for you, not escaping? You know, those baby animals ARE simply sitting there where mother deer left it, not moving. Ask yourself. Or not, I do not mind.
Cluster BS is all I read in your posts.

B|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

I don't buy this whole thing about the moronic hunters not having another way to support their family. If they are too stupid to do something better then perhaps they should have never made their children to begin with. Justifying animal torture because somebody is too stupid to find a more civilized job is not something I will support.

Now that is a fine example of cultural bias. Calling someone "stupid" because they live in a different place and with a different lifestyle than you, is the height of bigotry.

Not everyone has access to birth control. Even when you do, it doesn't always work. They have the right to have children, just like anyone else. Your suggestion that their "breed" should be snuffed out, smacks of something horrible, circa 1940's.

So all the eskimos should just move to the big city and get jobs driving taxiis?

I have a feeling that if we dropped you off on a far-northern ice floe, that you would be bopping seals over the head in no time flat, for food and clothing.

You can assume and guess all you want but you will probably continue to be wrong everytime. All Eskimos are not involved in the seal hunts. As a matter of fact not even half of them are and there is no reason for which I would find myself with no other options if I lived there.
Animal cruelty is not something specific to any Culture unfortunately the ignorance that leads to that is across the globe. To name a few examples other than the seal hunts in Canada, we can mention my native Spain with their bullfights, I certainly did not get affected by exposure into supporting that. There are redundant animal tests by labs here that serve no purpose, as they are just reproving stuff that has already been proven. I have been in the rodeo seen and ridden bulls, now that doesn't seem like a big deal. But I have seen stupid redneck beat a bull over the head with a steel pipe repeatedly in efforts to get the bull to go where he wanted. The guy could have simply used an electric cattle prong but he simply didn't care. I see people letting their dogs run loose near heavy traffic all the time by the DZ and for that reason I also see dead dogs on the side of the road often. All this continues to annoy me, exposure will not change me. You do not know what you're talking about.

Wow man, I think this is only possible in the land of the free..

What is that you are referring to? I thought the topic was seals. Just curious.

It's just Christel's weekly America-bashing post that goes unnoticed by the Mods, as Euros can America bash all they want.

Guy, can you imagine for a second that the USA is not that important to me to give it a bash on a regular basis?
LOL, there is more in the world than "you" guys.. :P:P
B|B|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Now, if you only knew WHY her nickname is combat barbie packer you wouldn't have made such an uneducated comment. Her nickname has NOTHING to do with this post or any other post on this planet. She is not in combat or has ever been in combat. She doesn't kill or shoot things....

Let me EDUCATE you on WHY she is nicknamed that...She is a KICK ASS packer at her local dz and has been nicknamed that like MANY others have nicknamed themselves names which are meaningful to them. It is a positive thing, NOT a negative thing which you are trying to turn it into. Let's not make things into what they're not.

I agree with her whole heartedly......

Peace

And you seem to have missed my point completely, although you did manage to reinforce it, Alana.

That point being that going by what someone puts in their profile (as packerbarbie did to John) isn't always fully indicative of who or what that person is or does.

From reading this thread, it would appear that you've read a lot of biased, single-sourced articles and basing your "facts" on them instead of proper research.

As for me, if it comes down to a seal vs a family getting fed/making a living, I'll happily supply the club. Their numbers have to be brought down to a manageable level or they'll wreck their niche in the environment and starve anyway.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

But I avoid to cause pain at the animal.

A bullet tearing through flesh and bone isn't causing pain to the animal? I think you're kidding yourself.

What those baby seal killers are doing: They cause tremendous pain.

Prove it. Seems to me that a good whack in the ol' brain bucket is likely less painful than a bullet to the heart (and God forbid you miss). Though since I've never been shot and never been hit in the head hard enough to kill me I guess I'll never know. I assume that the same can be said for you.

I haven't seen a single reply here from the "anti-hunt" crowd that wasn't based on an emotional knee-jerk response to the killing of the 'cute baby seals'. Ditch the emotion and grasp on to the logical reasons presented. The hunt isn't such a bad thing.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

From reading this thread, it would appear that you've read a lot of biased, single-sourced articles and basing your "facts" on them instead of proper research.

What I have read are 2 sides of the coin regarding this issue. Both sides are biased, both defend their opinions, feelings and ideas. That is the nature of things in this world...there are ALWAYS 2 sides to issues (if not more). I have read a great deal about both sides and have concluded that it's wrong. That is MY idea. That is MY conclusion and you don't have to agree with it or me. It seems to me that YOU have not done your research on both sides. There ARE 2 sides, both isdes have truths and myths...BOTH SIDES. And if you were to disagree with that, you would unfortunately be mistaken and uneducated yourself on this subject.

Again, what you're missing is the fact that I have picked a side and am sticking to it and defending it. Just because you're not in agreement with me, doesn't make me uneducated about the matter. I can agree to disagree with the other side, but there are alot of you who just claim that WE (the people who are not in agreement with this issue) are uneducated about the subject and are dilusional about what is REALLY going on. It is happeneing and it's not all just and perfect....so I think that those who think that WE'RE uneducated about it need to do some research themselves.

It seems to me that YOU have not done your research on both sides.

You've said that more than once now and each time it comes across as "You couldn't possibly have done your research, otherwise you'd agree with me."

And if you were to disagree with that, you would unfortunately be mistaken and uneducation yourself on this subject.

Simply because you've chosen a side does not make you educated on this subject. In fact, many would believe you to be a fool as you've hardly presented anything of substance, yet you stick to your argument and even flaunt your 'evidence' as all that we need to know regarding the hunt.

so I think that those who think that WE'RE uneducated about it need to do some research themselves.

There you go. Those who disagree with you can't possibly have done independent research and come to a reasonable conclusion, otherwise they wouldn't disagree with you. The fools! Whether you know it or not you've just insulted a very large group of people.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.