tan

Unknown Risers Manufacturer ID?

Hello everyone!

I've got a pair of risers that came with a Mirage rig that I bought, and I absolutely love the design on these risers. I'm trying to get a new set of these risers, but the only problem is, I can't figure out who was the original manufacturer...

I've called Mirage, and spoken with some of the other major manufacturers, but to no avail. If any of you might know who built these risers, I'd really love to hear from you please!!

Thank you for your time!

Cheers,
Tan

Those look exactly like Mirage risers!!.. but not their current style.

Look just like a pic I took of risers in 2008, I think as an example of one innovative riser & toggle design.

The up and down tabs are a feature I like on tabbed toggles -- rather than 'all tabs facing upwards'. Up and down do a good job in preventing a toggle from just being pushed down and out and causing a toggle 'fire'. That being said, I haven't personally jumped that particular design.

They build them differently now, with 2 upward tabs. I'm not sure Mirage has the best corporate memory. How could they not have recognized them?

(Eg, recently a rigging customer ordered a split d bag from them like they used to make, but they messed up the order in a way that shows they don't understand how they used to make them. But that's just one data point. )

D'oh! That's how I've been making my no-drop toggles for a few years. Thought I'd come up with the idea since I never saw another set like that. Just goes to show how many ideas are re-invented.

I agree they look like mirage with the keepers. While I don't mind that design I do end up with a lot in my loft for repairs as the bottom toggle keepers tend to wear out quickly.

-Michael

You're absolutely right about the design! Because of the up and down tabs, I have never had the toggles move at all; not even in the hardest openings I've had. Hence my desire to get a replica set of these!

Well, I'm heading to Mirage tomorrow, and hopefully someone there will be able to recognize these and manufacture a new set for me.

But thank you very much for the confirmation and the info guys!!

If anyone else has more concrete info to share, that would be spectacular too, thank you!!

Is the up tab tbicker than the down tab? Its not hard to make but photos aren't clear. Also if someone makes some they need to know what can be wrong. A badly made set of normal velcro toggles he bought at a boogie caused a friend's brake to lock and he spiraled into the trees and speared his butt cheek. As soon as i saw the toggles I showed him what was wrong.:S

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE