EBSB52

Rush Limbaugh - Rush was right

You can clearly see that the poll is objective ;), so pick multi's if ya wish.

What this thread is about is that Rush is (NOT) right. The TV/radio fascist/racist said that Donovan McNabb is a, "product od social concern." After that Donovan went on to win something like 11 straight games w/o a great wide reciever. Now he has that along with the freak and he is poised to lead his team to the promised land.

Now, is Rush right,or is it that Donovan is a great QB? Before we call Brady a better QB, let me tell you that according to the Yahoo sports QB ranking I read the other day:

McNabb = #4
Brady = #9

Brady has had 1 more game than Donovan to throw 3 less TD's and 6 more picks; is that better? Donovan has had 1 less game to throw for around 200 more yards. I would say Brady has had a better variety of receivers to throw to as well.

Anyway, the question I have is that of Rush being a product of social concern,considering he is the druggy that received rehab. I'm sure he paid for it, but it is still a social thing to rehab druggies as opposed to jailing them, especially since Druggy Limbaugh advocated the latter.

Rush is a hypoctitical, drug addict joke that will once again be proven wrong this Sunday, not that he hasn't been proven wrong to this point.

You can clearly see that the poll is objective ;), so pick multi's if ya wish.

What this thread is about is that Rush is (NOT) right. The TV/radio fascist/racist said that Donovan McNabb is a, "product od social concern." After that Donovan went on to win something like 11 straight games w/o a great wide reciever. Now he has that along with the freak and he is poised to lead his team to the promised land.

Now, is Rush right,or is it that Donovan is a great QB? Before we call Brady a better QB, let me tell you that according to the Yahoo sports QB ranking I read the other day:

McNabb = #4
Brady = #9

Brady has had 1 more game than Donovan to throw 3 less TD's and 6 more picks; is that better? Donovan has had 1 less game to throw for around 200 more yards. I would say Brady has had a better variety of receivers to throw to as well.

Anyway, the question I have is that of Rush being a product of social concern,considering he is the druggy that received rehab. I'm sure he paid for it, but it is still a social thing to rehab druggies as opposed to jailing them, especially since Druggy Limbaugh advocated the latter.

Rush is a hypoctitical, drug addict joke that will once again be proven wrong this Sunday, not that he hasn't been proven wrong to this point.

It is more thn obvious you do not listen to him. >:( He was/is right.

So much for..........shit, just forget it
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

McNabb = #4
Brady = #9

Rush stuck his foot deep in his mouth on this one, but you're crazy if you want to prove that McNabb is the better quarterback. One is 8-0 in playoff games and trying to win a third superbowl in 4 years.

McNabb had a great season, and has taken his team to the NFC championship game for 4 consecutive year (but losing the first 3). Hardly anything to be embarassed about, but not the same.

First - I'm not defending Limbaugh. I quit listening to him over five years ago.

But - I remember when Limbaugh said what he said about McNabb. I looked it up. "There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."

Note that he said this at the beginnign of the 2003 season. The season before, the Eagles defense was ranked #2 with 15.1 points per game and #4 with 297 yeards per game. I don't think Limbaugh understood that the same year (2002 regular season) the Eagles were 4th in scoring with 25.9 points per game.

Next point:
Comparing McNabb to Brady via statistics is off. Did McNabb demonstrate this year he is the better passer than Brady? It looks like it. But, let's take a look at McNabb's performance in the postseason, shall we? 58.6 rating in 2003 postseason. Brady was 84.5. Brady had 5 TD's to 2 INT's versus McNabb's 2 TD's to 3 INT's. Again, Brady had one more postseason game than McNabb. Guess why!

Is McNabb a great QB? Dern tootin. But I don't think he's Hall of Fame quality yet. There's plenty of legitimate talk that Brady may have a place for him in Canton, OH. Why? For the same reason that Namath got in. He didn't have Hall of Fame stats, but he had Hall of Fame moments.

Dang. Football talk in Speakers Corner. Oh, well. I'd rather talk football, anyway.

Like I think that the rules should be relaxed on cornerbacks. There is no such thing as a cover-corner anymore, and I'd like to see some good, physical corner play.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

But, you obviously listen to him, which only keeps him on the air.

I used to be a ditto head until I understood his agendas and more of the right wing agenda. Haven't heard his show ever - used to watch him on tv until the networks wised up along with me.

You never did specify a question to which you intended the poll answers to apply. Thus, we cannot provide poll answers...

Many questions, most of them rhetorical. Primarily, was Rush right about McNabb being a product of social concern? Or is McNabb a great quarterback regardless of color?

As an aside it's fun to watch a Rush caliber a'hole implode after saying such an idiotic, Jimmy-the-Greek kind of thing. BTW, I'm against the current implementation of Affirmative Action.

McNabb = #4
Brady = #9

Rush stuck his foot deep in his mouth on this one, but you're crazy if you want to prove that McNabb is the better quarterback. One is 8-0 in playoff games and trying to win a third superbowl in 4 years.

McNabb had a great season, and has taken his team to the NFC championship game for 4 consecutive year (but losing the first 3). Hardly anything to be embarassed about, but not the same.

...but you're crazy if you want to prove that McNabb is the better quarterback.

1. McNabb doesn't have to be a better QB than Brady in order for Rush to be a blatant idiot - Brady is great, so a little less than that is still great.

2. Even now, but especially then (last year) McNabb has/ ad far less to work with than Brady and done well.

One is 8-0 in playoff games and trying to win a third superbowl in 4 years.

And Aikman won 3 in 4 years but can't reasonably be considered one of the greats. He had Emmit and a all-star team around him. Marino never won a Superbowl, Kelly never won a Superbowl with 4 straight trips to the game; are these guys inferior? That's like saying I'm rich, therefore I must be smart because only smart people become rich. I believe Buffalo had the best playoff percentage of any team in history during their run, I believe. If not, it's up there. And 8 games is nothing compared to the many playoff games some QB's like Kelly have played. Again, wins are a team thing, stats are more specific to a player, but are/can be skewed by surrounding players.

How about when Randy Johnson would give up one or two runs and lose? His record didn't reflect his ability, his team allowed him to lose based on poor performance.

Not the same as what, Brady? I will check McNabb's stats from last year, later on and get back.

3 TD's in 1 less game
6 fewer picks than Brady
more throwing yards in 1 less game
better passing percentage than Brady
far more rushing yards and overall ability to scramble
A far more inferior RB to work with than Brady

...the only rub on McNabb might be that he was sacked 6 more times than Brady.... big deal...

Do the math...

It is more thn obvious you do not listen to him. He was/is right.

So much for..........shit, just forget it

McRush

Was/is right about???? What, McNabb being a product of social concern? Please explain.

His statments had more to do about sports media than about McNabb. All he was trying to say was the media wanted a great minority QB and (as an example) they (the media) made McNabb out to be better than really was (at that time). I am sure I sumed his comments very poorly[:/]
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Ever since that asshole called Chelsea Clinton "the White House dog" when she was twelve years old, I've wished somebody would just kill him.

I don't give a flying fuck about his opinions or his ratings, but anybody who would throw that kind of a cruel remark at a twelve year old girl is not a man.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Well, at least you're not trying to have a *serious* discussion about that blowhard.

Blues,
Dave

Funny.
I was looking for the "blowhard" option on the poll.
-Josh
If you have time to panic, you have time to do something more productive. -Me*
*Ron has accused me of plagiarizing this quote. He attributes it to Douglas Adams.

Ever since that asshole called Chelsea Clinton "the White House dog" when she was twelve years old, I've wished somebody would just kill him.

I don't give a flying fuck about his opinions or his ratings, but anybody who would throw that kind of a cruel remark at a twelve year old girl is not a man.

Woaw. I didn't know that. As much as I despise Bush, Strom Thurmond and the type, kids are off limits. What kind of fucks would listen to and admire that dirty asshole after that? As someone earlier wrote that I listen to him, hence know what he says, I don't and would have noted that remark had I heard it. Actually I was forced to listen to the dirty asshole with his short stint on ESPN ( I think) football pregame.

Well, I gues sthe right wingers are right about drug abuse and deterioration of the mind leading to irratic behavior - why isn't one of their spokespersons ousted for being such doink?

Well, at least you're not trying to have a *serious* discussion about that blowhard.

Blues,
Dave

Funny.
I was looking for the "blowhard" option on the poll.
-Josh

Naw, I just thought I would revisit that ignorant remark right b4 Donovan's shot at the prize. Regardless of win or loss, I think Donovan has proven his Limbaugh the jackoff that he is by just ignoring him and doing his business as usual on the field. I just don't understand the demographic that would lidten to Limbaugh.... [:/]

Sports fans kill me. "How dare he talk about our quarterback like that!" Guess what, it doesn't matter. What does NcNabb care about? His bottom line. Do you think he cares about Philadelphia, the Philly fans, or even the long range record of the Eagles? Gimme a break. His interest extends to the bottom line where he can use their record to negotiate more money during his next negotiations. If Philly's biggest rival (no idea who that is, Baltimore? Pittsburgh? Someone out of New York? I'm sure the list is long.) offered Donovan twice the money to play for them, do you think he would say, "There's no way I can do that to my fans?" Hell no. I have no doubt he would be very Jerry McGuiresque and say, "Show me the money." Truth be told, Limbaugh probably did him a favor. Got his name out there, and got him recognition. There's no such thing as bad publicity and this was great for McNabb. Most people saw this comment as off the mark and that cast him in a very sympathetic light. It even makes cynics like me want to buy soup off of his mother and him. And I am not just slamming D-van, almost any pro athlete would do the exact same things. (Aside here, that's what made Pat Tillman so special in my book.) It's all about the money. Their money which originates as your money.

We live in a capitalist society. He wants it and doesn't really care if it has to come out of your pocket to get into his. Is this an indictment of just professional athletes? Hell no. The owners are no better. Look at the greats and look at with whom they played their final games; Montana, Namath, Rice, E. Smith, you name them. If Mantle were playing today he would probably wind up his career in San Diego. There aren't a lot of Papa Halas' or Art Rooney's left out there.

Loyalty in professional sports extends as far as dead presidents and stops cold. If you really want to make something from your loyalty, go find a sports book and put some greenbacks down. Make more of your money off of them. Me? I'm gonna go see if the King Air is flying.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

Sports fans kill me. "How dare he talk about our quarterback like that!" Guess what, it doesn't matter. What does NcNabb care about? His bottom line. Do you think he cares about Philadelphia, the Philly fans, or even the long range record of the Eagles? Gimme a break. His interest extends to the bottom line where he can use their record to negotiate more money during his next negotiations. If Philly's biggest rival (no idea who that is, Baltimore? Pittsburgh? Someone out of New York? I'm sure the list is long.) offered Donovan twice the money to play for them, do you think he would say, "There's no way I can do that to my fans?" Hell no. I have no doubt he would be very Jerry McGuiresque and say, "Show me the money." Truth be told, Limbaugh probably did him a favor. Got his name out there, and got him recognition. There's no such thing as bad publicity and this was great for McNabb. Most people saw this comment as off the mark and that cast him in a very sympathetic light. It even makes cynics like me want to buy soup off of his mother and him. And I am not just slamming D-van, almost any pro athlete would do the exact same things. (Aside here, that's what made Pat Tillman so special in my book.) It's all about the money. Their money which originates as your money.

We live in a capitalist society. He wants it and doesn't really care if it has to come out of your pocket to get into his. Is this an indictment of just professional athletes? Hell no. The owners are no better. Look at the greats and look at with whom they played their final games; Montana, Namath, Rice, E. Smith, you name them. If Mantle were playing today he would probably wind up his career in San Diego. There aren't a lot of Papa Halas' or Art Rooney's left out there.

Loyalty in professional sports extends as far as dead presidents and stops cold. If you really want to make something from your loyalty, go find a sports book and put some greenbacks down. Make more of your money off of them. Me? I'm gonna go see if the King Air is flying.

I divorced myself from my team years ago, the Seattle Suckhwaks. I don't care about them, Philly ot McNabb; I just don't ike Nazi hypocrites like Limbaugh. Look, I used the McNabb remarks to establish what a racist Limbaugh is. I do like Philly and McNabb and wish they woukd have won. They covered and after about 25 differnt bets I made at the Stardust yesterday I netted 600, so I really like Philly and wish they would have won. I don't have a McNabb jersey or any Phily paraphenalia, I'm just a bettor.

The central issue here is about the racist hypocrite making is remarks, not football.

As for McNabb and greed, I agree at least to a degree. To say he has no care for the Philly fans, well, we can't speak for him - he seems like a nice guy. I divorced myself from football due to owners, players and all associates selling out like whores, so I generally agree that players, as a rule primarily care about their next contract.

Truth be told, Limbaugh probably did him a favor. Got his name out there, and got him recognition.

Yep, and McNabb handled it like a gentleman. The racist pig did him a favorby slandering him and not getting a response - I agree. Then the druggy, who originally said that druggies should be hung bythe toes, got caught abusing the stuff and that really made McNabb look like a saint - I agree the pig did McNabb a favor.

There's no such thing as bad publicity and this was great for McNabb.

That expression is overstated. I think this pub has ruined Limbaugh for all but the very conservative, so no more mainstreamers. He was kicked off ESPN and is probably forever relegated to some lame AM radio show.

(Aside here, that's what made Pat Tillman so special in my book.)

I agree. As much as this war is our Murderer in Chief's Viet Nam POS, Tillman and all the troops, live or dead ARE heros and Tillman was unique and will live forever.

We live in a capitalist society. He wants it and doesn't really care if it has to come out of your pocket to get into his.

Are you talking Limbaugh here? Donovan plays football and brings excitement for millions. When he leverages for more money he gets lawyer agent to negotiate behind closed doors. When Limbaugh goes to work he spreads hate over the airways and brings hurt to people for sensationalization's sake; who's the pig here?

The owners are no better. Look at the greats and look at with whom they played their final games; Montana, Namath, Rice, E. Smith, you name them. If Mantle were playing today he would probably wind up his career in San Diego. There aren't a lot of Papa Halas' or Art Rooney's left out there.

Right, look at Cleveland moving to Baltimore - broke the hearts of Clev faithfull. So I don't care about owners either. I'm not sure who we need to be more disgusted with; owners or players. The topic to this thread has everything to do with Libaugh and nothing with Donovan, I just used the latter to exemplify my point about the pig.

If you really want to make something from your loyalty, go find a sports book and put some greenbacks down. Make more of your money off of them.

Ironic you write tis after I already stated that I did! I agree, I handicap games and place my bets.

Me? I'm gonna go see if the King Air is flying.

Best idea yet! :P

BTW, that friken skydiving commercial was great. One question, where were there goggles? .... oops :$

You guys take entertainers way too seriously. Discussing the merit of Limbaugh's diatribes is like listening to Buckwheat for relationship advice or getting your investment guidance from South Park. Rush is an entertainer; he says things that make him money, and he's very good at it.

You guys take entertainers way too seriously. Discussing the merit of Limbaugh's diatribes is like listening to Buckwheat for relationship advice or getting your investment guidance from South Park. Rush is an entertainer; he says things that make him money, and he's very good at it.

Probably, but he used to be a symbol for the right wing, so he carries weight in politics even though he hasn't the sack to run for office.

I think the difference bewteen the 2 other exaples you gave is that thise 2 are labeled as comedy and Limbaugh is not - maybe we failed to read the obvious label that Rush is a joke too. After all is said and done, Limbaugh, Donovan and the rest are multi-millionaires and we go to work everyday.