AggieDave

Ted Tuner is a dumbass...sticks foot in mouth

This is amusing, Ted Turner has started invoking the name of Hitler when talking about Fox News.

Fox New's response is classic, very nice.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1050128/asp/foreign/story_4306590.asp

Turner tirade against Fox

Las Vegas, Jan. 27 (AP): CNN founder Ted Turner has called the Fox television network a “propaganda voice” of the Bush administration and compared Fox news channel’s popularity to Adolf Hitler’s rise in Germany before World War II.

Fox News issued a statement in New York saying: “Ted is understandably bitter having lost his ratings, his network and now his mind — we wish him well.”

During a question-and-answer session moderated by former CNN anchorman Bernard Shaw, Turner called it “not necessarily a bad thing” that Fox’s ratings top those for CNN. “Adolf Hitler was more popular in Germany in the early ‘30s than... People that were running against him,” Turner said. “So just because you’re bigger doesn’t mean you're right.”

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Analogies have this fascinating quality of having both pertinent and irrelevant aspects. The irrelevancies make one vulnerable.

When making an analogy, it's best to determine first that your audience is looking to understand what you meant rather than waiting to pounce.

For instance, a friend can say, "Life is like a bowl of cherries" and you'll be interested to know "In what way are they the same?"

But if an enemy says it, you'll think about ways they are DIFFERENT so you can call them on their error. "Life isn't anything like cherries! Cherries contain 14% sugar solution."

Analogies about Hitler are particularly susceptible to this problem as you can easily see a useful similarity while your enemies nitpick a difference.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Ha! Another Fox misrepresentation...!

What they REALLY said was:

"Ted is understandably bitter having lost his ratings, his network and now his mind — we wish him to fall down a well.”

:D:ph34r::ph34r:

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

Fox News issued a statement in New York saying: “Ted is understandably bitter having lost his ratings, his network and now his mind — we wish him well.”

You've gotta appreciate a network that would release a statement like that. That's hilarious. Good job to Fox for being funny.
Oh, hello again!

I don’t like Fox news or President Bush for many reasons. But that is a very stupid thing that Ted turner said.

It was a metaphor. I think it's a fair assessment to call the neo-con movement, Nazi. Fox is their sounding board, so why not? Also, why do they get so pissy about it? What is it they say about protesting too loudly?

I think Ted went off the deep end a little with his statements, but I tend to agree with the essence of what he is saying. Fox News is a Christian based news network and is based on belief in this concept of religion. I'm a simple man and I base my beliefs in things of reality. Fox News definitely propagates a lot of nonsense and Ted is right about the fact that bigger does not mean better. I never cared much for CNN either really.[:/]:ph34r:
:D
We take risk not to escape life, but to keep life from escaping._______________________
It is noble to teach oneself; it is still nobler to teach others. Mark Twain

I think it's a fair assessment to call the neo-con movement, Nazi. Also, why do they get so pissy about it? What is it they say about protesting too loudly?

Oh, well that just proves that they really are nazis. After all, anyone who protests innocence of a horrible accusation must be truly guilty.

Brilliant.

I think it's a fair assessment to call the neo-con movement, Nazi. Also, why do they get so pissy about it? What is it they say about protesting too loudly?

Oh, well that just proves that they really are nazis. After all, anyone who protests innocence of a horrible accusation must be truly guilty.

Brilliant.

Actually the guilty get angry much of the time, but in our courts it's the poor that are guilty.

All I was saying is that the US neo-con movement is Nazi-like. I then asked why they get so angry when that assertion is made rather than loudly, angrily protesting.

Genius.

All I was saying is that the US neo-con movement is Nazi-like. I then asked why they get so angry when that assertion is made rather than loudly, angrily protesting.

Genius

Hey Genius, I don't understand you.

'why do they get so angry rather than angrily protesting'

Please clarify what is your point.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Gee, I'll bet Ted is crying all the way to the bank.

(I met him once, about 15 years ago. I got the impression that he says exactly what he's thinking, and to hell with what anyone else thinks about him).

Gee, so I guess that makes him a wealthy, rude, arrogant dumbass. Thanks for reminding us of his other attributes.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Genius

Hey Genius, I don't understand you.

'why do they get so angry rather than angrily protesting'

Please clarify what is your point.

And you're calling me the genius?