crazydaisy315

Vector3 - Placement of Reserve Repack card

I feel like such an idiot asking this, and if I can't get the answer here, I will suck up my pride and ask my rigger (so no need to tell me that).

But I've had my new-to-me Vector 3 for about a month, and I will be damned if I can find the reserve repack card. I feel like I have looked all over the stupid thing, and just cannot figure out where it is. It would have to be somewhere easily accessible right?

As I said, if no one here knows, I'll suck it up and ask the rigger. I just wanted to spare myself the embarrassment of asking such a stupid question of someone that I get to see in person. :$

If it's not in a pocket on the rear on a mudflap behind one of the three rings, then it's in a pocket behind the warning label on the bottom of the back pad. Look for a small opening either at the top or the bottom of the big orange warning label.

And let me know if you find it. It can be a real challenge sometimes.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

piisfish

It should be shown in the owners manual :|

And indeed it seems to be, although not directly:

Refer to the TSO label on the pocket of the reserve packing data card to determine the size of the
containers.

NOTE
The TSO label is located ether on the back side of the right shoulder pad or behind the spacer foam padding at the
bottom of the back pad next to the BOC pouch.

[That's a 2015 manual in any case]

Umm, a more embarrassing question would be "why did you not inspect the rig before jumping it?", and "how did you get past the manifest without demonstrating your reserve being in-date?".

Never, ever assume a rig is airworthy without spending time to ensure it is. People have found all kinds of things on second-hand rigs, from incorrectly assembled 3 rings to misrouted RSLs that'd have horseshoed the reserve in the event of a cutaway. They've found those in freshly repacked and sealed rigs too, so don't assume it's airworthy just because your rigger was the last one to touch it. Riggers are people too. If you can inspect it, you should.
"Skydivers are highly emotional people. They get all excited about their magical black box full of mysterious life saving forces."

fluffyduckie

Look in the bottom center of your back pad. It is in the center behind the pad. Can be tough to fish out if your main is packed. But it is in there.

You were exactly spot on. I had originally felt all around the top edge of the pad, because I thought "why would it be in the bottom, too easy for it to fall out", but no, it was jammed in there really tight. Thank you!!