DHemer

Recommended reading - parachute and rigging design

I'm looking for some recommendations on technical references related to parachute and harness/container design.

If you have a link to the documents that would be most helpful. Feel free to pm any less legal download options if you are that sort of person .

I have found some good stuff by Lingard related to larger parachutes for aerial delivery system design. Any thing similar would be great. A bunch of interesting looking links are all behind pay walls.

Poynter is a bit expensive for interested reading but seems to be the Bible when it comes to this

http://www.paragear.com/skydiving/10000217/B1885/

Theo Knacke is THE BIBLE on round parachute engineering and parachute aerodynamics. I have one, have three semesters of univ. physics and 8 sem of math and its still a very hard read. It compares to Poynter's like an encyclopedia compares to red fish blue fish. But unless you are or want to be an aerodynamic decelerator engineer its over kill.

There are lots of military references on webbing joint efficiency and more. Don't have them here. Most of Poynter's information is from military references.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE