tunaplanet

Who cares about the earthquake and tsunami victims.....

No shit, what has our world come to, what fat ass Oprha has to say oh her designer friend is ok, who cares. What about the 100k outher people that died...FUCK OPRHA

I don't know what you want. A full biography of 100k people?

When the media published the stories of the 1000 US troops killed in Iraq there was outrage from the right. Why would dead Somalis be more important than dead US troops for US media coverage?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

btw, we still have not heard from my cousin and her family. I've sent off another e-mail this morning...

You're in my thoughts, Lori.

You too, Faber.

Ciels-
Michele

Thanks Michele.

I still haven't heard from my cousin and her family, but did get an e-mail from my mother who reported that they were not in Jakarta when the tsunami hit! They are ok. I'm waiting for a first hand account of what's going on there, but am now relieved that they are alive.

Lori

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

from DK news:

Det samlede dødstal fra søndagens voldsomme jordskælv og efterfølgende flodbølger er nu 114.758. Det står klart, efter at de indonesiske myndigheder torsdag opjusterede tabstallet for Indonesien til knap 79.940.

taken from www.dr.dk translated by me
Translation:
The amount of deads after sundays earthquake and flod are now 114.758.Its clear after indonesian athorythy today said 79.040 just for indonesia.
translation ended.

they found nearly 30000 on the island Sumatra,which were close to the center of the quake.

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I can't even imagine... the sounds, the sights, the smells. My heart is breaking for all those families, entire villages even. They're saying that disease will likely double the tsunami toll. :(

One interesting thing they're noticing is that there are almost no corpses of animals (wildlife - not sure about domestic)... something zoologists always knew, but could never really test, is animals' early warning system. That to me just goes to show that being at the top of the food chain without earth-tuned instincts doesn't mean anything when Mother Nature decides to flex her muscles. [:/]

In the meantime, my prayers go out to all those who lost family or are still waiting to hear, and all those directly affected. May the global relief effort be successful in curtailing the spread of disease as quickly as possible.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Im really sorry to hear about your uncle man. Ill be thinking of you and your family.

Im still waiting to find out about two friends, one went back to Jakarta (Indonesia) and the other home to Sri Lanka for christmas.

I hope everything turns out ok for all who know someone caught up in this:| .

FINALLY got an e-mail response from my cousin's husband (who is a bush pilot in Indonesia).

Part of the e-mail addresses the devastation visited upon that part of the world and his involvement in the rescue/restore mission.

They are safe and were outside the tsunami zone at the time of its occurrence.

This week we have spent a lot of time watching the news in stunned silence as one of the largest causes of death in our century unfolds.
Wednesday evening I received a phone call from MSF (doctors without borders in English) in Jakarta and wanting me to organize the relief flying for the helicopter they had rented for $4,000/hr. Lots of teams coming in but they needed a person on the ground to make sure of fuel and loading.

They've been working around the clock, helping where they can.

ltdiver

I want people to give a shit for the little guy, i am sick of all the celeberity crap all the time, people think thesse celeberities are GODS, not in my book.

Here's one just for you then, Tim.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/01/01/tsunami.babies.ap/index.html

ltdiver

Does anybody have any information about Big Mike from SKydive Elsinore? The last I heard he was living in Phuket or Bangkok. All of his Elsinore family is concerned about his well being. Mike is an experienced mountain climber and has worked in the past in the east coast. Any information would be much appreciated. Please put him and the million victims in your prayers.