kallend

Bush's secret plan for Social Security

Everyone over the age of 30-40 (pick a number) will get benefits.

Ok...I pick 32 ;)

Kill the program and tell everyone to start investing their own money.

Then we will still end up with generations of old people on the street. Telling people to invest won't work. Hell, they've been telling people that for years and people in their 30's and 40's now are woefully lacking in retirement planning. We need some kind of program that forces people to invest in retirement. Otherwise, they'll end up on social welfare anyway. A system where you still have automatic payroll deductions, but that gets put into an individual, investment account that you can't touch instead of the general fund would be better for everyone.

We need some kind of program that forces people to invest in retirement.

We already have that. It doesn't appear to be working so well.

What we need is some kind of program that encourages people to invest in retirement, and allows them to select (for themselves) the best options, and the rate of investment they want.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Could you tell me what we do when the majority of this country is then elderly people who can't work, can't afford a home and can't afford to eat?

Yes, I know, they should have planned better. But they didn't. Now what?

there is no free lunch.

Contradiction there. Exactly which side of the fence are you on? Which is it?

Forty-two

Could you tell me what we do when the majority of this country is then elderly people who can't work, can't afford a home and can't afford to eat?

Yes, I know, they should have planned better. But they didn't. Now what?

there is no free lunch.

Contradiction there. Exactly which side of the fence are you on? Which is it?

No contradiction at all. They've been paying into SS all their lives. They're not getting anything for free. The only party getting anything free out of it is the current administration because they are spending those funds. We have to pay it back at some point one way or another. It's the retirees money to begin with.

But, who cares about what one of his main platforms back in 2000 was????? (insert eye-rolling icon here.) He failed on one of his promises....again. Here's my shocked face: :o

I still don't understand why people voted for him. It just really makes no sense to me.

God I thought I was the only one who thouhgt that way.........because it seems like the whole country is blinded by this next Hitler!
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

We need some kind of program that forces people to invest in retirement.

We already have that. It doesn't appear to be working so well.

What we need is some kind of program that encourages people to invest in retirement, and allows them to select (for themselves) the best options, and the rate of investment they want.

A good start would be to increase the annual contribution limit on IRA's and other tax defrerred and tax exempt vehicles while slowly phasing out SS. Gingrich was talking about this back in 1994. The bottom line is we need to do something. Enough talk, time for action.

I still don't understand why people voted for him. It just really makes no sense to me.

It made sense to over 60 million people. Maybe liberal views are a thing of the past. Maybe that explains why.....

- Bush had more votes than any other president in history.

- Bush was the first president to be elected with a majority of all votes casted in 16 years.

- Republicans will have held office for 20 out of the past 28 years.

But yet liberals want everyone to think that Bush and the other republican presidents are incompetent, liars, etc... Hmmmm, maybe the liberals are the ones who need to take a hard, long, deep look at themselves in the mirror.

The American heartland isn't buying what you're shoveling. America will never elect a party to office so full of hate, bitterness and lies. Time to reevaluate yourselves. Gut check time.

Forty-two

A good start would be to increase the annual contribution limit on IRA's and other tax defrerred and tax exempt vehicles while slowly phasing out SS. Gingrich was talking about this back in 1994. The bottom line is we need to do something. Enough talk, time for action.

I think tax free retirement savings would be better, both in and out. If you don't invest the money in a responsible long term investment plan (for lack of a better phrase), then it's taxed, up to 100% of your social security earnings, and then anything invested in that plan beyond that would either be tax deferred, like a traditional IRA, or tax free upon liquidation, like a Roth IRA, as well as be subject to being invested in higher risk/ higher return, at the investor's option.

just my $.02
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

How many of those 60M people do you think saw any coverage other than Fox (or any major network) news and campaign commercials? Not exactly what I would call informed voters. The story on those stations is like the lead for NPR at times. It is fine to use corporate owned media, but it is prudent to temper that information with some independant sources.

Your man may have had more votes cast for him than any other, but he also had more cast against him than any other president, so I wouldn't consider that much more than population increase.

Your 20 of 28 year streak would be a lot more credible if their had not been widespread voting irregularities in the last two presidential elections. When the results of those irregularities are overwhelmingly one-sided, in favor of the party in charge of overseeing the elections, it is hard to take your election victory bragging seriously.

America will never elect a party to office so full of hate, bitterness and lies.

They did, over 60M of them, less the fraudulent votes.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

It made sense to over 60 million people. Maybe liberal views are a thing of the past. Maybe that explains why.....

- Bush had more votes than any other president in history.

- Bush was the first president to be elected with a majority of all votes casted in 16 years.

- Republicans will have held office for 20 out of the past 28 years.

But yet liberals want everyone to think that Bush and the other republican presidents are incompetent, liars, etc... Hmmmm, maybe the liberals are the ones who need to take a hard, long, deep look at themselves in the mirror.

The American heartland isn't buying what you're shoveling. America will never elect a party to office so full of hate, bitterness and lies. Time to reevaluate yourselves. Gut check time.

After reposting that about 40 times now you think it would get old? Plenty of things have been said to counter your facts in these forums. I've noticed you don't say anything anymore unless its a one line attempt at trying to make someone look bad, or something about the election or against liberals. You rarely bring anything good to the table for discussion. You complain about Liberals talking about the election but you talk about it the most of anyone on this board. Try having a conversation for once.