slug

The way it was the way it is

IMO It's About VN war and the ho chi min trail,(laos) how the USAF tried to stop the flow of supplies to the south and other reasons why the US lost the war in VN. Also some insight on the motivation of the NV to fight agains the US at all cost.

R.I.P.

My old man was a fighter pilot over there from 68-75 on and off. Told me some real horror stories. Flew F-4's. Couldn't bomb anything on a recon mission unless it was w/in so many yards of the Ho Chi Min (sp?) Trail. Had to go back to base , review video, wait for approval. By then it was too late. Rules of engagement sucked. Was Vice Wing Commander at Clark when the POW's came back. Snuck a few of his buds (from the Hanoi Hilton) out of the hospital before debriefing to the house. Man they had some stories. Same game in Iraq just a FEW different rules
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

My old man was a fighter pilot over there from 68-75 on and off. Told me some real horror stories. Flew F-4's. Couldn't bomb anything on a recon mission unless it was w/in so many yards of the Ho Chi Min (sp?) Trail. Had to go back to base , review video, wait for approval. By then it was too late. Rules of engagement sucked. Was Vice Wing Commander at Clark when the POW's came back. Snuck a few of his buds (from the Hanoi Hilton) out of the hospital before debriefing to the house. Man they had some stories. Same game in Iraq just a FEW different rules

Sorrry but I think your right about Iraq same same as VN except iraq shares borders with other countries that don't like us and have a decent infrastructure.

Iran, syria etc. Big hornets nest :(

or "domino's" (humor):D

R.I.P.