tunaplanet

Peterson's fate

And as for your oh so educated statement "But it seems that the jury did not find it reasonable to think Satanists kidnapped Lacey".....your lack of an educted answer just degraded your entire credibilty in this posting.....

Some people put their occupation in their profile.:$

true :)

I'm all for the existance of the death penalty!
Too bad it doesn't work!!
Murders like his are still happening, parents leaving kids in locked car, trunks in extreme heat.
Kids killing parents, teachers, etc.
The death penalty does not work.
The world is getting sicker.

If he is indeed guilty, he will never kill again. His next victim will be safe. The trouble with a life sentence, there is a chance he might get out and kill again. Governor Mike Huckabee of Arkansas, lets them out for "good behavior and a relationship with Jesus".
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

It's official. Peterson received the death penalty!

HOOYAH!!!!!

It's not "official", it's only probable. The jury only recommended the death penalty, that's not a sentence. A judge will decide his actual fate in about 2 months.
Owned by Remi #?

If he is indeed guilty, he will never kill again. His next victim will be safe.

True, but where will they bury the survivors?
---------------------------------------------------------------
There is a fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'.
--Dave Barry

The odds are he'll rot or get killed in an altercation.

I think you're right on the money. Fresh white meat from the suburbs with a dash of celebrity...a fine dish indeed and best when served up scared. One can easily imagine his paisley face when he's confronted with his first water moccasin.

enemies of my country etc

What's it like to live in a world of black and white? I understand that it makes things easier to separate, and it requires less mindpower (I mean, I know my dog sees everything in black and white, too), but is it like being a child again...this person's bad, this person's good? At certain moments I would like to relive my childhood. Maybe this is your approach to that???
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

He's assuming that other guys will "think twice" about committing murder because they will see that retribution in murder cases is swift and sure.

It is neither and it also assumes that a person "thinks once" when it comes to these situations.

I can't define why I think the death penalty is the right sentence in this case, but I'm pretty certain it will not be a deterrent to other people comitting murders. And while I think the sentance is the correct one, I think it would be better for financial reasons to just give him life without.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

If Lacy and her son's murderer getting executed prevents another unhappy spouse from ending their marriage by the same means; I say kill the motherfucker!--------------

How do you figure? Do you actually think someone in the same mindset as Peterson would sit down and go "OK maybe I shouldnt kill my pregnant wife, cuz I will get the death penalty." Scott's an intelligent
guy, do you actually think the possibility of getting the DP stops him or someone in his same frame of mind. He's a freaking psycho with no remorse what so ever.

actually, I don't think he's very intelligent:)

quade - you should consider the fact that he researched currents in SF bay 3 weeks before killing his wife. he thought long and hard about it; much more than once or twice.

justice should serve.

He's a freaking psycho with no remorse what so ever.

I doubt it.

Scott most likely got caught up in the swift current of marriage and its obligations. A stick built house in California costs a considerable amount of money these days, and I'm sure his wife and mother in law were doing everything their way! Maybe he had a spot in the garage for his tools and things that he could arrange to his liking, but the house he was going to pay on forever was not going to be arranged to his liking. And like many marriages, his probably had little or no sex in it either...nothing but bills and the mortgage for Scott; his life of choice was history, and if he did find some personal time, there likely was little money left over from the two ladies playing house...and soon a baby. Henry David Thoreau once said, "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." Unfortunately, Scott was not quiet.

I'm pretty certain it will not be a deterent to other people comitting murders.

It's not about deterrence. It's about punishment.

LWOP is punishment

LWOP for 20 yr's and Death is revenge.

The american way is the only way. Love it or leave it.

As you were:|

R.I.P.

So. You'd be happy to put on the hood or whatever and hit the switch to carry out the sentence? Being biased or unbiased? He's just another sheep right?[:/]
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

HI RMS

50% 0f marriages end up in divorce usually due to money.

I don't have a clue how many marriages end in the murder of the spouse.

Some people play golf, some people skydive, lot's get divorced, most don't kill their wives.

R.i.P.

He's a freaking psycho with no remorse what so ever.

I doubt it.

Scott most likely got caught up in the swift current of marriage and its obligations. A stick built house in California costs a considerable amount of money these days, and I'm sure his wife and mother in law were doing everything their way! Maybe he had a spot in the garage for his tools and things that he could arrange to his liking, but the house he was going to pay on forever was not going to be arranged to his liking. And like many marriages, his probably had little or no sex in it either...nothing but bills and the mortgage for Scott; his life of choice was history, and if he did find some personal time, there likely was little money left over from the two ladies playing house...and soon a baby. Henry David Thoreau once said, "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." Unfortunately, Scott was not quiet.

Please do us all a favor and do not ever get married.

I'm going to give some lefties heart attack, but I'm not sure about the verdict. I think the death penalty is appropriate where there is really, really bad stuff going on, but here, I understand they don't even know the cause of death. There may be more that I don't know and as a result, but I'm not sure this case warrants the death penalty.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

are you kidding me? he planned and executed the murder and disposal of his wife and unborn child over 'at least' the course of a month. what difference would it make if we knew exactly how he did it? he is the worst kind of offender IMO.

Hmmm. What if Petersen gets killed in prison by a guy who is doing LWOP when he was a candidate for the death penalty?

Hmmm. Wouldn't THAT be a topic of debate?

Not for me it happens all the time it can even happen while Petterson is doing LWOP. The dude is in serious trouble. Which he deserves.

Best thing peterson can do is get his head straight accept his situation and go play golf 24/7 and enjoy himself until he dies, or there's always the god squad. Maybe the big guy can make his stay in the big house easier. The meds will help.

If I had LWOP I hope I could never leave my cell and go to the DZ ever day until I didn't wake up.

Dead man living:|

R.i.P.

I appreciate that he's a scumbag re: unborn child. But, if you can't say how she died, I don't think you can say he deserves to die. What if he pushed her, she fell and he freaked? We don't know. I guess a policy argument could be made that he is rewarded for throwing her in the water, but that argument does not meet the test in my mind.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

are you kidding me? he planned and executed the murder and disposal of his wife and unborn child over 'at least' the course of a month. what difference would it make if we knew exactly how he did it? he is the worst kind of offender IMO.

The green river murderer confessed to 40 something murders over 20 yr's plus doing all kinds of sicko stuff after the fact and he got LWOP this yr so who deserve's the death penality. Killing 50 victim in 15 yr's.

BTW his excuse was he didn't like to pay for sex.His victims of choice were working girls:S

R.I.P.