tunaplanet

Peterson's fate

I listened to the reading. I heard the cheers (loud ones, and lots of them) from the courthouse.

If it's any inclination, tuna's response is pretty mainstream. I did not cheer, but I do understand the happiness at the ultimate punishment being dished out to a murdering sociopath.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Why does this make you happy?

Because the correct punishment was handed down. I am always happy to see scumbag, murdering assholes die.

Tuna

Negative:|

Sorry to bust you bubble:) but you won't get to see him die. If you live long enough you can read about the guy execution, muderer, or death from natural causes in the newspaper, net, martians.:S

$$$$$ Let the appeals begin. Care to predict how long it's going to take to go thru the appeal process. Don't know how old you are but I might die from old age first.

R.I.P.

While I think it is the appropriate sentance, I'm not going to celebrate it.

Another killing and the feeling of revenge makes him all warm and fuzzy inside.

Never mind, there is already a flaming going on in another threadB|

"The needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few, or the one" - rehmwa

Although I truly belive that Scott is GUILTY, I've been struggling with my view on this entire process...they convicted him on "circumstancial evidence" and have now sentenced him to die....The lawyers have even said that there's no clear footprints leading to Scott's involvement, but all the fingers point toward him. Was this really a fare trial by which he was convicted based on concrete evednece? No. But does he dserve it in my book, yes.

As for the conviction, I say let him rot in jail, with no hope, no way of escaping. Let him have eternity to stew over what he did.

----------------------

Because the correct punishment was handed down. I am always happy to see scumbag, murdering assholes die.

Damn dude... I sense way too much exitement on your part from this post. I agree with the sentence but it troubles me to see or hear of anyone dying. Even if they deserve it. I'm happy that justice will be carried out because I think a great injustice occurred with the death of Laci and her son. I, however, also feel pity for a person such as Scott who could perform such a horrible act without remorse. That, IMO, is true evil coming to the surface. [:/]

Edited to add: I'm really just glad I won't have to see as many "Breaking News" clips concerning this on the news channels. Holy crap that was getting old.

It makes me extremely happy to see those who deserve to die do so. Terrorists, murders, enemies of my country etc.... You will always see me smile and become happy when those people die.

Really, I think we all have the capacity to do evil. It just comes out more clearly in some. That is pitiful. Seeing someone die, even the enemy, is troublesome. At least, it is to me.

Was this really a fare trial by which he was convicted based on concrete evednece? No.

You must not have a high opinion of Geragos. It seems, according to most, that it was a fair trial.

And your "concrete evidence" statement is a pretty twisted pun.

Understand that, in a legal standpoint, circumstantial evidence is all that is needed. The jury found that, given the evidence, no reasonable inference other than murder could be found. Are there other inferences? Sure. Plenty. But it seems that the jury did not find it reasonable to think Satanists kidnapped Lacey...

it troubles me to see or hear of anyone dying.

It makes me extremely happy to see those who deserve to die do so. Terrorists, murders, enemies of my country etc.... You will always see me smile and become happy when those people die.

Anyone calls me Francis, I'll kill ya. :D

I'm all for the existance of the death penalty!
Too bad it doesn't work!!
Murders like his are still happening, parents leaving kids in locked car, trunks in extreme heat.
Kids killing parents, teachers, etc.
The death penalty does not work.
The world is getting sicker.

Was this really a fare trial by which he was convicted based on concrete evednece? No.

You must not have a high opinion of Geragos. It seems, according to most, that it was a fair trial.

And your "concrete evidence" statement is a pretty twisted pun.

Understand that, in a legal standpoint, circumstantial evidence is all that is needed. The jury found that, given the evidence, no reasonable inference other than murder could be found. Are there other inferences? Sure. Plenty. But it seems that the jury did not find it reasonable to think Satanists kidnapped Lacey...

-----------------------------------------------------
As for Gergos, I don't really care about him. He said himself he thought Scott was a lying bastard...crazy how you can defend someone who you think is guilty (but that's his job I know) So it's not about my opnion of Geragos, it's about the trial itself.
Circumstancial evidence can and evedentally will get someone convicted, but my thought is if it were me and I was being sentenced to death and I didn't do it (as it has happened soooooo many times in this country of ours), would I think I recieved a fare trial?

Lucky I wasn't on the jury, I couldn't have convicted him, even though I think he definately did it. Moral issue....
And as for your oh so educated statement "But it seems that the jury did not find it reasonable to think Satanists kidnapped Lacey".....your lack of an educted answer just degraded your entire credibilty in this posting.....

I dunno. Geragos's job is to ensure a fair trial. Could I defend someone like that. I'd like to say I wouldn't , but I'd also like to say I would - Just to make sure the trial is conducted fairly and in a Constitutional manner. Fundamentally, that's what the defense attorney's job is - to make sure the prosecution does it's job in accordance with the Constitution.

I don't think Geragos did any better job defending Petersen that most attorneys could have. Unfortunately, his process turned the jury against him and PEtersen for the penalty phase. The jury didn't believe him in the guilt phase, which would make them not believe him in the penalt phase.

The odds are he'll rot or get killed in an altercation.

And personally, I respect your statement that you've got a moral issue with it and couldn't convict. You've got guts enough to admit it, which is less than most people have.

And as for your oh so educated statement "But it seems that the jury did not find it reasonable to think Satanists kidnapped Lacey".....your lack of an educted answer just degraded your entire credibilty in this posting.....

Some people put their occupation in their profile.:$

The odds are he'll rot or get killed in an altercation.

And personally, I respect your statement that you've got a moral issue with it and couldn't convict. You've got guts enough to admit it, which is less than most people have.

He probably will die before his "due date"...death row is such a scape goat, people have been sitting there for years. But I'm a 50/50 on the death penalty, so I can't say if that's a good thing.

Thanks, I would hope others would do the same if they felt the same way.

Thanks, I would hope others would do the same if they felt the same way.

They don't. They either do not mention this fact to try to undermine the system (the dealocked juror who refuses to deliberate) or, most often, fall victim to the group mentality. It's rough what juries do, and rough what judges do, too. Did you hear the judge's tone as he read it? He didn't agree with it.