TheAnvil

The beautiful...

...Ann Coulter writes another funny column. She's not as sexy as Girlfalldown though.

The New And Improved Racism
Ann Coulter

December 9, 2004

Still furious about the election, liberals are lashing out at blacks. First it was Condoleezza Rice. But calling a Ph.D. who advised a sitting president during war "Aunt Jemima" apparently hasn't satiated the Democrats' rage. Even the racist cartoons didn't help.

So this week, they've turned with a vengeance to Clarence Thomas. Only the Democrats would try to distract from their racist attacks on one black Republican by leveling racist attacks against a different black Republican. If Democrats don't nip this in the bud, soon former Klanner and Democratic Sen. Bob Byrd will be their spokesman.

In the past few weeks, there have been nasty insinuations all around about Condoleezza Rice's competence for the job.

Democratic consultant Bob Beckel – who demonstrated his own competence running Walter Mondale's campaign – said of Rice, "I don't think she's up to the job."

Joseph Cirincione, with the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace (so you know they don't have an agenda or anything), said Rice "doesn't bring much experience or knowledge of the world to this position." This was reassuring, inasmuch as that was also liberals' assessment of the current president before he took office and he, to put it mildly, has been doing rather well.

The Kansas City Star editorialized that Rice "has not demonstrated great competence in the last four years," which is to say, Dr. Rice failed to be sufficiently clairvoyant to predict the events of Sept. 11, 2001.

Columnist Bob Herbert sneered of Rice's nomination in the New York Times: "Competence has never been highly regarded by the fantasists of the George W. Bush administration." For example, these are the bumbling nitwits who conquered Afghanistan, the "graveyard of empires," and toppled Baghdad in less time than your average Jennifer Lopez marriage lasts. (Wait, I can't remember: Was it the Bush administration that hired Jayson Blair?)

So far, Dr. Rice has demonstrated her abundant competence only in academia, geopolitics, history, government, college administration, classical music and athletics. I eagerly await the Bob Herbert column in which he lists the subjects and pursuits he's mastered. If only Rice talked about her accessorizing like Clinton's Secretary of State Madeleine Albright, she might impress the sort of fellow who writes for the New York Times.

Liberals at least give white Republicans credit for being evil. Rumsfeld is a dangerous warmonger, Paul Wolfowitz is part of an international Jewish conspiracy, Dick Cheney is "Dr. No." But Dr. Rice? She's a dummy.

In fact, after spending the last four years telling us that President Bush was an empty suit, a vessel for neoconservative fantasies of perpetual war, liberals have now found someone who is Bush's puppet: the black chick.

It's all so eerily familiar.

The late Mary McGrory, a white liberal, called Scalia "a brilliant and compelling extremist" – as opposed to McGrory herself, a garden-variety extremist of average intelligence. But Thomas she dismissed as "Scalia's puppet," quoting another white liberal, Alvin J. Bronstein of the American Civil Liberties Union, to make the point. This is the kind of rhetoric liberals are reduced to when they just can't bring themselves to use the n-word.

Most recently – at least as we go to press – last Sunday Harry Reid, the Democratic leader in the Senate, had this to say about Justice Clarence Thomas: "I think that he has been an embarrassment to the Supreme Court. I think that his opinions are poorly written." You'd think Thomas' opinions were written in ebonics.

In the same interview, Reid called Justice Antonin Scalia "one smart guy." He said that although he disagreed with Scalia, his reasoning is "very hard to dispute." Scalia is "one smart guy"; Thomas is the janitor. If Democrats are all going to read from the same talking points, they might want to get someone other than David Duke to write them.

On the Sean Hannity radio show, Democratic pundit Pat Halpin defended Sen. Reid's laughable attack on Thomas by citing Bob Woodward's book "The Brethren," which – according to Halpin – vividly portrays Thomas as a nincompoop.

I return to my standing point that liberals don't read. Harry Reid clearly hasn't read any of the decisions Justice Thomas has written, and Pat Halpin clearly hasn't read "The Brethren."

"The Brethren" came out a decade before Thomas was even nominated to the Supreme Court. The only black Supreme Court justice discussed in "The Brethren" is Thurgood Marshall. That's one we haven't heard in a while: I just can't tell you guys apart.

How many black justices have there been on the Supreme Court again? Oh yes: two. It's one thing to confuse Potter Stewart with Lewis Powell. After all, there have been a lot of white guys on the court. But there have been only two black justices – and Democrats can't keep them straight. Two! That's like getting your mother and father confused. I can name every black guy on a current National Hockey League roster: Is it asking Democrats too much to remember the names of the only two black Supreme Court justices?

In "America (The Book)," by Jon Stewart and the writers of Comedy Central's "Daily Show," the section on the judiciary describes how to make a sock puppet of Clarence Thomas and then says, "Ta-da! You're Antonin Scalia!" On grounds of originality alone, Mr. Stewart, I want my money back.

But reviewing the book in the New York Times, Caryn James called the sock puppet joke one of the book's "gems of pointed political humor." Funny how the liberal punditocracy all parrot this same "sock puppet" line about Thomas year after year, almost as if they were sock pu-- oh, never mind.

Curiously, of all the liberals launching racist attacks on black conservatives I've quoted above, only two are themselves black: the two who write for the New York Times. So I guess there are still a couple of blacks taking orders from the Democrats. Isn't there an expression for that? I think it begins with "Uncle" and ends with "Tom."
:D
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Who's Ann Coulter?

I know who Girlfalldown is.

t

She's the one who predicted the Iraqis would welcome our troops as liberators by throwing flowers.

Close, if you replace "liberators" with "invaders", and "flowers" with "bombs".

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>Ann Coulter writes another funny column.

This week's funny story about republican values from the other side of the aisle:

--------------
Bush signs Tax Relief Act

By DAVID PITT Associated Press Writer
The Associated Press
DES MOINES, Iowa
October 6, 2004

President Bush visited the swing state of Iowa on Monday to sign the Working Families Tax Relief Act of 2004, which he said would mean lower tax bills for 94 million Americans.
. . .
Bush introduced Mike and Sharla Hintz, a couple from Clive, whom he said benefited from his tax plan.

Last year, because of the enhanced the child tax credit, they received an extra $1,600 in their tax refund, Bush said. With other tax cuts in the bill, they saved $2,800 on their income taxes.

Mike Hintz, a First Assembly of God youth pastor, said the tax cuts also gave him additional money to use for health care.

He said he supports Bush's values.

"The American people are starting to see what kind of leader President Bush is. People know where he stands," he said.

---------------------

Pastor Fired Over Sexual Exploitation Charges
First Assembly Of God Church Fires Reverend

POSTED: 6:49 am CST December 7, 2004

DES MOINES, Iowa -- A Des Moines youth pastor is charged with sexual exploitation of a child.

KCCI learned that the married father of four recently turned himself in to Johnston police.

Rev. Mike Hintz was fired from the First Assembly of God Church, located at 2725 Merle Hay Road, on Oct. 30. Hintz was the youth pastor there for three years.

Bill's fun was in slamming me...he hates child molesters as much as anyone here if not more and I'm sure he doesn't consider that funny at all.

You're right dude - there's nothing funny about that. Give the bastard the chair!
>:(
Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

You know what Bill?

I posted a news story about a similar situation a while back. The post and thread were deleted and I was threated not to post anything like that again or be banned.

As explained to me by a greenie, no pediophilia, NONE, not even news stories are allowed.

NICE double standard here...I guess its ok for you do to it though.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Dude, I don't see what he posted as pedophilic in the least. Didn't see what you posted so I can't compare. If it was similar then you've got a legit complaint.

Yours in agave,
:)
Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

What I posted was very similar. This was about a year ago, I guess.

That was my point, that a news story isn't really pedophilia just referencing it, but I was still bitched out by a different greenie.

That's why I'm calling out the double standard.

Oh. It was a different greenie. Bill's not being hypocritical then.

Tuna - I've met Bill. He's a nice guy and I don't believe for a second he has anything but hatred and contempt for child molesters. He's definitely not a JACKASS, even if he does have this uncanny ability to find non-existent personal attacks in my prose sometimes. >:(:D

Yours in agave,
:P
Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Bill's not being hypocritical then.

Yes and no. The Greenies have their own secret forum in which they discuss things like how they inforce the rules and what the rules mean.

So yes, Bill IS being hypocritical due to being a moderator and not complying to the standards set for the moderators when it suits his needs.

But No since it wasn't him exactly that I dealt with.

Own secret forum, eh? I didn't know that.

Perhaps they realized that the standard they set was improperly applied in your case. I dunno. You got a point. Perhaps bill will PM you or something.

My Herradura is gone. I have Patron...YES!
:S
Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Well, its not really a secret forum since a lot of people know about it, but to see it you have to be HH or a Greenie.

Perhaps bill will PM you or something.

I don't give a shit if he does or not. I'd rather see him either A) don't bend the rules to suit his needs whenever he wants to -or- B) uphold the rules as he is tasked to do.

Doing both begates a community of double standards and a choosen few in which rules don't apply. Sort of like politicians.;)

I hear ya bro. I started a thread that was based on an article from USA Today that described the eerie similiarities between J.M. Barrie (author of Peter Pan) and Michael Jackson. There was one line in there that said J.M. Barrie was dogged by rumors of inappropriate relations with his young male playmates...which is true.

I immediately received a nasty, rude email from a greenie threatening to ban me if I ever posted that pedophilia filth again.

After seeing the article Billvon pasted it does seem there are definitly double standards. Saying someone was dogged by rumors of inappropriate relations with his young male playmates is an extremely tasteful and appropriate way of describing the news.

Forty-two

Tuna - I've met Bill. He's a nice guy and I don't believe for a second he has anything but hatred and contempt for child molesters.

I'm sure you're right. I just find it tasteless that he considers that funny. He stated at the beginning, "This week's funny story....." and then goes on to tell about a youth pastor sexually exploiting a child. I find nothing funny about that.

Forty-two

Sounds like you both have legit gripes but you've got to admire the zeal the said greenies showed with regards to keeping our favorite website (my favorite at least) clear of such filth. Sounds like they went overboard in your cases. I don't think Bill posted anything wrong, and you probably didn't either.

I can never decide if I like Patron or Herradura better...
B|
Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!