Tom794

Radical 135 into Wings W8?

Hi everyone!

Just chasing some advice about fitting an Atair Radical 135 into my Wings W8 container.

My current main is a 140 (tight fit but manageable), however I've been informed that the Atair canopies pack larger, and also contain more material due to the end cells being divided into 3 sections, as opposed to the standard 2.

From what I can find, the pack volume of the Radical 135 is 330 cubic inches... but I can't find any numbers to use for reference for the container.

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers,Tom.

Had a similar question a few years ago. If you contact Wings with the rigs serial number they can tell you what canopy it was originally sized for and then you can look up the pack volume specs of that canopy.
Hope this helps.
"You don't get many warnings in this sport before you get damaged"

I jump a wings W10, and a radical 135 made from galvinar(SP) fit just fine. I actually use a W8 main d-bag most of the time and the 135 fits in it fine.

I have two mains that I switch back a forth between, so I have the W10 bag and the W8 bag, very little difference in the two.

As a side note, yes the radical does pack slightly larger, but since the galvinar is kind of "sticky" it is easier to man handle into the bag....if that makes any sense.