GQ_jumper

Fahrenhype 911

Has anyone here seen this film yet? Was it just an incredible amount of hype going the extreme opposite of Moore? Or did someone actually try and use facts to debunk Moore's conspiracy theories?
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I don't think most people will watch it. In fact, it being out shows me the author lacks confidence in the general population's ability to see through this documentary. I think i feel a twinge of insult. Moore's use of opinionated inferrences, red herrings, and off-beat syllogisms are the exact same tool advertisers use to market stuff. The facts don't even have to be refuted.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

I've seen them both, and I'm glad that they came out with a Farhrenhype video. Yeah, it was just as bias as Fahrenheite. Maybe it will Keep Moore in Check. Who knows?

i havn't seen farenhype but i know at least the basis of what michael moore says is true, there is evedence of it all the time . farenhieght 911 isn't the only work he has done and his mission seems clear!
the people he targets are the kings of propoganda so i guess he fights fire with fire, the issues he 'exposes' are very heavy and he accuses some very powerful poeople of some very 'bad deeds' farenhype 911 will be a come back!
weather you are liberal or democrat or whatever you guys do over there in that crazy country of yours, you have to admit he is a clever man?

gotta see farenhype though:|

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Old thread, but I Just saw this... actually , finishing it up now... Very good IMO, ... Basicly the movie explains how the Moors movie is full of sh*t. It basicly debunks everything the other movie said,. ...

Liked it, it's not trying to prove anything, just shows the other side of the story behind the first 911 movie.

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

Old thread, but I Just saw this... actually , finishing it up now... Very good IMO, ... Basicly the movie explains how the Moors movie is full of sh*t. It basicly debunks everything the other movie said,. ...

Liked it, it's not trying to prove anything, just shows the other side of the story behind the first 911 movie.

I finally saw Fahrenheit 9/11 a couple of weeks ago when it came on HBO and all I could do was sit and laugh and think to myself "is this what the lefties were so stirred up about last year? What a dumb movie". Glad I didn't waste any money on it in the theatres.

I will probably see Fahrenhype 911 when it's available free also.

is this what the lefties were so stirred up about last year?

Interesting memory. My memory is that there were a lot more "righties" stirred up by the movie than "lefties." They were pissed off by it. Most of the folks I know who watched it (the vast majority of whom are liberal, clearly) thought it was interesting and biased.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

is this what the lefties were so stirred up about last year?

Interesting memory. My memory is that there were a lot more "righties" stirred up by the movie than "lefties." They were pissed off by it. Most of the folks I know who watched it (the vast majority of whom are liberal, clearly) thought it was interesting and biased.

Wendy W.

Selective memory indeed. I seem to recall it winning the Documentary of the Year. ..And who bestowed that honor?

Selective memory indeed. I seem to recall it winning the Documentary of the Year

And I was thinking of the man-in-the-street (and the man-behind-the-SC-keyboard).

Maybe context does matter.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Selective memory indeed. I seem to recall it winning the Documentary of the Year

And I was thinking of the man-in-the-street (and the man-behind-the-SC-keyboard).

Maybe context does matter.

Wendy W.

I never said SC. You should Google it and read some of the reviews. You'd have thought it was on a par with "Gone With the Wind".

I never said SC.

Nope, you didn't. I did. You didn't specify.

Wendy W.

I seem to recall it winning the Documentary of the Year. ..And who bestowed that honor?

Wasn't that "Bowling for Columbine?" That was more objective, IMHO.

“Fahrenheit 9/11” was the first documentary to win Cannes’ prestigious Palme d’Or since Jacques Cousteau’s “The Silent World” in 1956.

So, make up your mind: did it win a Documentary of the year award, or the Palme D'Or?

Palme D'Or is the documentary catagory.

No. La Palme D'Or is the grand prize for Cannes. For best movie.

Yep, you are right. F 911 was the first documentary to win the award since Cousteau.