Viking

Anyone want to shoot JFK?

Questionable taste aside, the 'investigative' angle is surely just a cheap gimmick. Like saying a high score in Halo 2 qualifies you to pick up a gun and save humankind from marauding aliens.

With all the publicity and controversy this site has generated, and at $9.99 a time, I reckon the owners will make a lot of bucks even if they do have to pay out that prize money. But no, I don't feel compelled to give them mine...

It's morbid, sick. Especially on the anniversary of the shooting. Brings back bad memories.

...I'll second that....[:/]

Not only do i recall EXACTLY where i was when JFK was killed.... I also remember when he was elected...
times certainly HAVE changed....

i'd be willing to bet that who ever came up with this
entrepreneurial "game"..... wasn't even on the planet.. during the 1960s......
such a lack of respect......in an effort to generate revenue....
.... well THAT'S Capitalism for ya'.........:|

One of the creators of the game was on the Today show this morning. What an ass. He kept insisting the game is a "documentary" and not a game.

This is about as disrespectful as it gets. The Kennedy family has a right to be pissed.

What's next? A "documentary" in which you get to shoot people at a Radio Shack in FL? [:/]

Truly sick and tasteless........and profiting from a national tragedy to boot!:S

Kinda like the Movie "JFK?"

Or like any of those other myriad of conspiracy books to have come out?

Or like all the documentaries that like to show the Zapruder film, with JFK's head exploding?

They're ALL in it for the money. All of them. And they ALL exploit JFK and whatever targets they can. At least this game isn't like Jim Garrison (so glorified by Oliver Stone) who took to destroying the lives of several people in an attempt to prove his point - singling out, by the way, the gay community.

Frankly, I do not find this any worse than any of the other prifteering that has gone on. Go to Dealey Plaza sometime, and see the JFK parking lots and other hawkers capitalizing on the assassination.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

They're ALL in it for the money.

That's not true. Just because someone does something for a living doesn't mean that they're in it for the money. I seriously doubt that Roger Mudd from the History channel says, "Alright guys, I need a new Benz, what can we do this time...I know a bunch of planes blowing stuff up and then lots of concentration camp stuff. People eat that shit up..."

But THIS thing...purely opportunistic and classless bullshit. Hey, if these guys turn out to have good intentions then fine, but my feeling from just scanning their site is that it's pretty base.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

I seriously doubt that Roger Mudd from the History channel says, "Alright guys, I need a new Benz, what can we do this time...I know a bunch of planes blowing stuff up and then lots of concentration camp stuff. People eat that shit up..."

Though I doubt he uses that language, this stuff gets aired when he believes that he can make money off of it. Producers make documentaries to make money off of it.

Have you seen the UFO files on the history channel? THere's plenty of stuff on there straight out of "In Search Of." Theories, postulates, and other things that are downright weird. But, people watch it, and advertisers pay to see it, so go for it. That's why Roger Mudd does not do programs on the history of knitting or the "staph infections through history." No viewership = no money.

Is this opportunistic? Yep. Do they hope to make plenty of money. You bet! Sick product with slick marketing? Deserving of a damned CLEO award, it's been so effective.

If this product had been produced by a reputable Failure Analysis firm, would the controversy be the same?

Re: timing and making money - see this link about a kook who hopes to make money capitalizing on this. He released a book yesterday.
http://www.theksbwchannel.com/news/3940040/detail.html

Note that this guy has made it his life's work and has "two new books" on it. Looks like he released a book yesterday. For one of them, he blames LBJ and the "radical right" for the conspiracy.

It's freaking snake oil.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Maybe they should have a game about Ted Kennedy and see if a drunken, asshole, loudmouthed worthless politician can save his mistress from a submerged car. Bonus points if you can save her and manage to kill Ted. (though Ted has proven to have more staying power than a cockroach)

Seriously, the Kennedys can cry all they want. As a family they have gotten what they deserved. When you are a bunch of crooked politicians screwing with the mob and the unions, what do you think is going to happen. Thank god we've almost weeded them all out of political office.

Questionable taste aside, the 'investigative' angle is surely just a cheap gimmick. Like saying a high score in Halo 2 qualifies you to pick up a gun and save humankind from marauding aliens.

With all the publicity and controversy this site has generated, and at $9.99 a time, I reckon the owners will make a lot of bucks even if they do have to pay out that prize money. But no, I don't feel compelled to give them mine...

Your being robbed we can shoot Kennedy fot only $7.40, All the same while his family are alive I dont think it should be allowed.

Gone fishing

Its even got alot of press here in the UK......
I doubt many of the generation who would consider buying this would even realise its really based on true events.........but be more concerned about the 'gameplay'
Sorry ....this is wrong..
I'm just waiting for the 'glut' of 'games' that will no doubt make an appearance with an Iraq based scenario applied...
Never mind waiting 20 years.....they get em out based on the last years current events...
Its just wrong.....

I used Roger Mudd as an example because I've been to his house. He's modest and classy. Don't stretch my example into a comparison with this shit just so you can win a technicality. People work for money and personal fulfillment. Some have souls, some do not.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher