dogboybirdy

Wheres the best place to find old non airworthy canopies?

Ive been looking for a canopy to use for packing training and the classifieds are only full of safe canopies haha. Im asking here cause most people have their old canopies in a closet or on their walls. Should i go to my DZ and ask around? Ebay doesn't have much. Thanks in advance!
"Take Risks not to escape life... but to prevent life from escaping."

My basement!:S

You haven't specified what you want. To practice main packing as a new skydiver? Buy your first rig and practice with that. Most old ZP canopies have either blown up or are still being jumped.

To practice for as a rigger candidate? Many older riggers that train newbies have rigs to practice.

To become a packer at the DZ? You need to train under your supervising rigger with the gear you'll be packing, either tandem, student or both.

Just to have one for grins because you not going to buy a rig for two years? Lots of old non zp mains are hanging around. Ask around the dz for the retired canopies.

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

I am fresh to this sport! but in all honesty, i have two older containers, one im turning into a back pack and the other id like to have chutes for so i can practice packing a little bit and just to have! I will have my own REAL rig within the year that i wont be settling for.
"Take Risks not to escape life... but to prevent life from escaping."