Fall0ut

Airtec announces WINGSUIT CYPRES

Airtec announces a new WINGSUIT CYPRES

just seen this on their Facebook page :
https://www.facebook.com/CYPRES.AAD/photos/a.10153940926394425.1073741873.144251389424/10153947095094425/?type=3&theater

Interesting, this maybe could prevent incidents when AADs did not fire in activation altitude due to a unconscious/disabled wingsuiter still not falling fast enough for the device to activate.

No details released yet.

Good idea, but could mean for people that don't exclusively do wingsuiting that they will need a dedicated wingsuit rig, as IF this doesn't also operate as a regular cypres if it detects it is not a slow fall wingsuit jump, then using a wingsuit cypres for a non-wingsuit jump could be dangerous?

Thinking out loud here...
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

It would make sense for it to be part of the "changeable mode" cypres.

Any model can be converted to this type with the only cost being shipping and time.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

cpoxon

Did you noticed the "Communicates with you" bit?

And what looks like an audible in the picture?

Yes, and it looks like a wingsuit icon on the button, so it is reasonable to conclude that it isn't part of the changeable mode version.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Why don't you just tell us about it instead of just correcting what people guesses? It feels a bit like playing the "who i am game"...

So far we have:

- Is it possible to be used for normal jumps?
- Yes
- Is it a prototype?
- No

My turn for a question i guess

- Does it come in pink?

jotherigger

No, it's a Cypres: everything is covered so don't worry!!

This is the type of BS marketing that Airtec does. A teaser, with no real information, no release date, and an online shill touting the usual Airtec message of "now, now little skydiver, CYPRES will take care of you, don't worry."

I hope they do have a real solution for the problem. But this is a well known technique in marketing of hinting at a revolutionary new product hoping that potential customers will hold off on buying decisions until they actually have a product.

Show us the product if you have one. Until then an FB post is a meaningless tease.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Vigil jumper here. Is it still not recommended to use "student mode" while wingsuiting? I've never switched over to "student mode" because I've heard that its not a good idea. But wouldn't "student mode" work well for wingsuiting? Or would there be significant risk setting off the AAD under canopy even under a lightly loaded canopy?

Or would there be significant risk setting off the AAD under canopy even under a lightly loaded canopy?

Possibly. I don't have time to research this for you today. Have you consulted the manual for your device? It lists the different firing parameters for the different settings. That should be your first step. Only after doing that should you ask for an opinion here. It is important that you understand how your device works without consulting the interweb.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

I've been to the boogie yesterday and talked to Helmut Cloth in person. What you see on the picture is NOT a prototype but the first production unit of the new model. As usual there have been a couple of different prototype versions in the air with test jumpers.
That little box with the wingsuiter on it can be worn inside the helmet and it will let you know which set of parameters (low-speed for wingsuit flight or high-speed after canopy opening) is in use. It was a lot of talking to many people yesterday and I must admit that I forgot how exactly the information is transmitted but it is somehow audible. Please excuse me getting old and forgetting things.
Technically this unit is very different from normal Cypres units and it is not possible to update regular units with just a software change, like e.g. changing from tandem to speed.
Helmut Cloth wanted to announce it officially on the boogie and official information and marketing material will be released shortly.

I hope that helps to clarify things a bit.

gowlerk

***No, it's a Cypres: everything is covered so don't worry!!

This is the type of BS marketing that Airtec does. A teaser, with no real information, ...

PD, NZ Aerosports, PF, Sfly, Atair, Liquidsky, Samsung, Sony, Microsoft, Apple, Hollywood...

Nearly everybody is teasing a new product these days in the exact same way. Cypres is even one step ahead with a complete and ready full production version...
Your criticisim is misplaced and downright wrong.
-------------------------------------------------------

To absent friends

Pobrause

******No, it's a Cypres: everything is covered so don't worry!!

This is the type of BS marketing that Airtec does. A teaser, with no real information, ...

PD, NZ Aerosports, PF, Sfly, Atair, Liquidsky, Samsung, Sony, Microsoft, Apple, Hollywood...

Nearly everybody is teasing a new product these days in the exact same way. Cypres is even one step ahead with a complete and ready full production version...
Your criticisim is misplaced and downright wrong.

I hope you are right. We'll see.

I've never switched over to "student mode" because I've heard that its not a good idea.

From your earlier post. It speaks of your depth of knowledge. I tell people to RTFM all the time when needed. I've not been slapped for it yet. The manual lists the speeds, but thank you for your contribution.

Rigging Innovations tried that marketing ploy 25 years ago and almost went broke!
They published teasers of thier revolutionary Flexon harness/container. Flexon development (hip rings, tuck tabs, BOC, Antron fabric, etc.) went slower than planned. The R.I. factory almost shut down for lack of orders.

http://www.cypres.cc/25/wsc.php

We introduced a new CYPRES model during our 25 year anniversary boogie at the DZ Soest in Germany.

The WSC (Wing Suit CYPRES) will monitor the wingsuite skydiver during his complete skydive and set itself accordingly.

During wingsuit flight, it will activate with a vertical speed of approximately 20 m/s (45 mph) and after it detected the canopy opening, it will switch to the usual activation speed like the Expert or the Speed CYPRES, whatever mode you are in. This switch will be indicated by an audible sound in order that the skydiver knows when the WSC is working on "canopy flight modus" and that he can start flying his canopy without being afraid that the unit will activate during a turn on his fast flying canopy.

Final test phase is still ongoing. Stay tuned for further updates!

Plus teaser video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHIw27jmt6c Is that Roberta?
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

New video with Helmut Cloth doing some explaining. It looks like the solution they have decided on depends on the device switching modes for the bottom half and communicating that information through an audible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UWdomaTVgE&feature=youtu.be

No matter what they decided to do, this is a difficult problem that will need to involve some compromise.

http://www.cypres.cc/25/wsc.php
"During wingsuit flight, it will activate with a vertical speed of approximately 20 m/s (45 mph) and after it detected the canopy opening, it will switch to the usual activation speed like the Expert or the Speed CYPRES, whatever mode you are in. This switch will be indicated by an audible sound in order that the skydiver knows when the WSC is working on "canopy flight modus" and that he can start flying his canopy without being afraid that the unit will activate during a turn on his fast flying canopy."

Does anyone suggest a proper setting for Vigil 2 during WS flight? i.e. 45mph is student setting on vigil and my canopy loading is 1.4 with a pretty conservative playtime and landing. Pro or Student? Thank you in advance.
Check your ego at the door. Stay humble.

What I find interesting is how the unit communicates with the audible component. That is not stated. Which wireless technology is used? How reliable it is? How does it affect the battery of both the audible and the AAD?

It could even be that they do not communicate at all, and the audible simply have the same settings as the AAD. It might communicate when the requirements for the switching between modes are met, without any confirmation from the AAD.