gowlerk

Sport gear inspection form

Ok, this is mostly laziness on my part. I'm looking for a form to use or modify and then use for rig repack and inspection records and to give the customer. Maybe someone has created one they would like to share? I'm thinking of something that would print onto one side of an 8.5 X 11 inch sheet. But hell, beggars can't be choosers.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Would saving the gear of every customer in a printable way be an option?
For a rigger this form might be a bit unpractical to work with imo. I need place to write down what and where a repair is needed and how much time I estimate/needed for it to bill correctly later on.
Sometimes the repairs on a main canopy take up half a sheet of A4 alone.
Why not a form you can work with and that is equally suitable to give to customers? Double paperwork steals time and is unnescessary.

Also what good is there in the customer knowing his/her main requires attention but not what kind of attention? Are only some crossports frayed, is a stabiliser ripped appart, are patches needed, how much, what size and where?! Skydive equipment is highly individual, a simple ok/ not ok form just wouldn't do it imo.
-------------------------------------------------------

To absent friends

I'm probably much more part time than you. And I'm not a master rigger, so I send major repairs out. I keep paper records of all repacks and service, filed by customer name. I do this so I can pull out the sheet and look at any trends or any past notes I've made.

Any further notes just go on the back side. My system would not work for a larger full time loft. But I have in the neibourhood of 30 regular customers, a few passing through, and 15 DZ rigs to look after. It adds up to about 70 a year. It works for me.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.