NovaTTT

New FB Rigging Group

Looks like Lisa has closed the Rigging for Dummies group.

Here's a new closed group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1004617382986344/
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

Hi, Ian.

Lisa did good work, and I've enjoyed her group, but it looks like she's giving up on the Dummies.

That note indicates she's letting it "go in".

Come on into the new group.

:-)
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

NovaTTT

Looks like Lisa has closed the Rigging for Dummies group. Here's a new closed group:

Does anyone see the irony in telling people in a perfectly good rigging forum that there is a rigging group on Facebook?

Why the hell don't we discuss rigging here? Are people afraid of the moderation? (I for one think that dropzone.com moderation is usually very good.)

Are you afraid of "riggerrob"?
teee .... heee.... heee....
(You can't escape him, he is everywhere anyway.)

Funny, Gary!

My experience with the FB group is that it is quicker and easier to post and discuss.

I don't think the Dizzy forum is in peril! ;):D:D:D

What? Are you a digital dinosaur? FB is small device friendly, and perfect for short, rude answers and miscommunication. This forum is only good for in depth discussion and understanding, and it has a history of at least a modicum of politeness and decorum. Where is the fun in that?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Oh man, the new group requires approval.

I guess I won't be getting in. :D

ETA: Someone let me in, lol

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

For me, rigging for dummies turned into a 'look at what this dumb ass did' & 'what the fuck was this guy thinking' instead of a learning tool or a place to share information. I left the group a while ago. Hopefully this new group will be more focused on learning/sharing/growing instead of bashing & boasting.
my pics & stuff!

linestretch

For me, rigging for dummies turned into a 'look at what this dumb ass did' & 'what the fuck was this guy thinking' instead of a learning tool or a place to share information. I left the group a while ago. Hopefully this new group will be more focused on learning/sharing/growing instead of bashing & boasting.

Amen.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

unless the group is strictly limited to riggers, it will be the same shitshow. And even then, no quality is guarateed.

There should be a group of riggers "only on invite" which would be based on good sharing, and the occasional laughing/bashing....
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

In a public FB group anyone can find and read the posts, but only members can post. Members can either be approved by anyone, or only by the admins. Admins can revoke anyone's membership, or just delete posts. It's possible to keep a lid on it, but it's inevitable that some people will be unhappy. Just ask the mods here!

skytribe

I agree with the riggers only group - too many jumpers who seem to know everything but in reality know nothing that want to simply troll for comments than actually learn and discuss issues.

I'd say that's more of an inherent problem with the platform that you are choosing for your communications rather than who you let into the group. If you were to set up an open mailing list either on Google Groups or with GNU Mailman, the quality of discussion would almost certainly be higher. As an added benefit, you'd actually be able to go back and search the archives many years from now when Facebook has gone the way of Myspace.

skytribe

I agree with the riggers only group - too many jumpers who seem to know everything but in reality know nothing that want to simply troll for comments than actually learn and discuss issues.

I could say the exact same thing about more than a few riggers, but those ivory towers they live in sure do look cool.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

diablopilot

***I agree with the riggers only group - too many jumpers who seem to know everything but in reality know nothing that want to simply troll for comments than actually learn and discuss issues.

I could say the exact same thing about more than a few riggers, but those ivory towers they live in sure do look cool.

No more calls we have a winner.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

The reality is that the group is open to everyone; can't expect young jumpers to learn about their kits if they're excluded, right?

The point is, the group is rigging specific, not skydiving, or flea marketing, etc. Everyone is welcome with questions, posts, tips, experiences, etc. :)

dpreguy

Who needs facepuke for a rigger group when we have DZ.com? Stupid waste of electrons.

That's right.

"Come on, boys! Let's pack up our 7TUs and clip on bellywarts - it's time to skydive!!"

:D:D:):S