ramostony95

Gear "Cross"

Hey guys, rather unorthodox post but, do you guys have an idea for a type of gear rack similar to the picture I've posted. I've been wanting to build something similar for my rig to store it during the week. Any ideas would be awesome, or any blueprints (lol), pictures would help as well. Blue Skies. :D

Try searching for jerry baumchaum's post about his rack. (Not man boobs.;) I just made one like his out of abs or pvc drain pipe. I made mine double sided with tees instead of elbows. Picture later. 48" upright, 8" shoulder sides, 10" sides on floor 12" forward/backward legs, 4" for hanging bracket. 2" pipe. Fat stuff, 1.5 too flexible. $20 - $30 and an hour if not fast with saw. Dry fit with square and mark registration line in order to help with glue assembly that has little open time.

Search "gear rack" and you'll find them. Or buy a manikin like I did yesterday.;)

Photos added and measurements corrected. Haven't painted it yet. It's holding a big rig without counter balance

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

I just made one like his out of abs or pvc drain pipe.

Nicely done. Looks like you could add some strategically placed pvc union fittings and make it easy to knockdown, transport, assemble if traveling to a boogie or other clustered event.

Note the one shown is threaded. They do have unthreaded available.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

In the unfinished portion of my basement (clean, bug-free, dehumidified), spending only $6 gave me the ability to hang as many as 4 rigs at once while they await repacking or pickup. This isn't what Ramostony95 was looking for, but might be useful to someone else with exposed ceiling joists or other overhead capabilities at home.

Materials: 6 nails (or screw hooks); 6 pieces of line, 4 to 5 ft. long; six 2"-diameter steel rings ($6 total at Home Depot); 2 sturdy wooden rods or equivalent, 36" long.

Install 3 nails (or screw hooks or eyes) overhead, spaced 14" to 15" apart. Suspend a steel ring from each of the nails/hooks/eyes so that all 3 rings are at the same height. With a rod through the rings, 2 rigs can be hung (photo attached - if I figure out how to shrink it to less than the max 1.0 MB allowed file size). Adjust this recipe for your particular needs or preferences.

It's simple, but it works for me.

safetyjim

In the unfinished portion of my basement (clean, bug-free, dehumidified), spending only $6 gave me the ability to hang as many as 4 rigs at once while they await repacking or pickup. This isn't what Ramostony95 was looking for, but might be useful to someone else with exposed ceiling joists or other overhead capabilities at home.

Materials: 6 nails (or screw hooks); 6 pieces of line, 4 to 5 ft. long; six 2"-diameter steel rings ($6 total at Home Depot); 2 sturdy wooden rods or equivalent, 36" long.

Install 3 nails (or screw hooks or eyes) overhead, spaced 14" to 15" apart. Suspend a steel ring from each of the nails/hooks/eyes so that all 3 rings are at the same height. With a rod through the rings, 2 rigs can be hung (photo attached - if I figure out how to shrink it to less than the max 1.0 MB allowed file size). Adjust this recipe for your particular needs or preferences.

It's simple, but it works for me.

how about upload them to photobucket or other photosharing site and post the links.