kyledesch

Vortex recall progress????

I have received several of mine and my customers back and another is shipping in a few days or so. The ones with changes that require invoicing will take a little bit longer. Otherwise they are pretty much on schedule
www.facebook.com/FlintHillsRigging

I've just received the container with all changes (color, size and wingsuit options added). Almost in schedule. Very appreciated how the vendor handled this situation, actually I would not believe that everything will pass so smooth.

The whole story took time since Feb'01. till today.

New contaner has magnetic riser's covers, that's nice!

all of my customers have theirs back except one that specified a custom fabric that has to be special ordered in. That will definitely delay the container but that's understandable too. They are running just a week or two behind current estimates, however they may be caught back up soon to the estimated date.
www.facebook.com/FlintHillsRigging

From what I understand orders that are exactly the same as original are going out faster than ones with changes. Reason being ones with changes have additional admin in terms of ensuring new order forms with all details correct are received in a timely manner from the customers and that invoices are issued and paid. I take my hat off to Parachute Systems, it's no every company out there that has balls big enough to take on the challenge of replacing 5 years worth of products and we are talking about several 100 rigs here. And let's face it very few Skydivers out there grasp how big of a task it is, most of the people I have talked to don't care about anyone else or about process or procedure they just want their new rig as fast as possible, and most of them that are being complete dicks about it are people that bought a 170 container 4 years ago or bought a second hand container and now they are having the size changed and measurements changed and colors changed and whatever else possible and they are still being dick's about it. And note that stuff like color changes and measurement changes are not charged for.
Really wish I had bought a few second hand rigs before this happened as by the end of this I would have had a whole new fleet of rigs.

I sent a mail to inquire on my recall status and my initial estimated date was in July it's currently in August so from what I can deduce they are about 3 weeks behind on their initial estimated dates. I was also informed that the custom embroidery would contribute to a delay.
Fly Your Soul, Free Your Mind!

I have not received mine. It was shipped out January 25th, 2016. I had received an estimated date of May 21, then June 6th. Now its July 1 and I haven't heard a peep. I did not make any changes to my basically brand new rig (had 10 jumps on it before the recall)......

I got my rig out as soon as I got the DHL shipping info and very quickly after the recall was issued, so I'm positive mine was not at the end of the stack.
"A man only gets in life what he is believing for, nothing more and nothing less" Kenneth Hagen

I ordered one for my wife and a customer as soon as they got here they got sent back. Was told "Expected completion date: 13-June-2016" when we sent them back. They are about 8 weeks behind. New date is the 2nd week in August.
"Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."- Helen Keller
www.AdrenalineSkyGear.com

I sent it back on january.
-I waited to march for an answer (just lost 2 months) but It's OK.
-Then I get an estimated delivery time for End of June: It's OK
-Then at End of june i get a new delivery time for End of july :o/ hmm
-Then, End of July, I get a production Date for End of August: Not more OK :o(
The date were often postponed further. What shall I do??
I still don't know whether it would be better even now to buy another Rig. I lost only money and I missed a lot of jumps from heli.
Parachute Systems: Never again

Deimian

Parachute Systems: Never again

Depends on how you look at it. They were very brave IMO to put out there such a massive recall. I like that from a manufacturer. But I understand your frustration.

Had Parachute System notified realistic delivery times in March , it would have been no problem . I would have bought a used alternative rig . But now I still do not know whether it is better to wait or to buy something else - after 8 months and still no rig

ClarkOz

I've got mine back in May, pretty lucky considering that the expected delivery was supposed to be in September...

How is that possible? Where these delivery times only fictitious? :S

A friend of me had received a semi-new rig DOM 2015 from an official PS-Dealer shortly before it was grounded and could NOT jump ONCE this. He is still waiting too and had returned his rig as soon as possible like me. What criteria will be decided?

I have a customer up here in Canada who shipped his out in January and got it back sometime early this summer. That's all I know about it. I have no connection at all to any dealer.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.