Jethers203

Concealed Carry License Holders

Here in Australia I never leave home without my hat and sunscreen as skin cancer is our countries biggest killer.

Forgive me for my ignorance but I never grew up around guns or people who carry them.

So tell me all you guys and girls packing some heat, how do you feel when you leave the house and you have forgotten your weapon?

To obtain a pistol liscence in Australia it is easier to join the army and do 10 years with them and when you do get it you can only use it on a range. Our government has removed our right's against self protection!! but like I said earlier the sun is our biggest killer at this point, not saying it wont change.

So tell me all you guys and girls packing some heat, how do you feel when you leave the house and you have forgotten your weapon?

I don't carry it everywhere. So, it really doesn't bother me.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Ben Franklin

I don't carry it everywhere. So, it really doesn't bother me.

Same here, a lot of my daily life is lived in areas that I'm not legally allowed to carry (in building on campus, for example), so I'm really used to being armed or unarmed, its just one of those things.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Here in Australia I never leave home without my hat and sunscreen as skin cancer is our countries biggest killer.

Forgive me for my ignorance but I never grew up around guns or people who carry them.

To obtain a pistol liscence in Australia it is easier to join the army and do 10 years with them and when you do get it you can only use it on a range. Our government has removed our right's against self protection!! but like I said earlier the sun is our biggest killer at this point, not saying it wont change.

Well I had a friend in NYC who carried his auto at a hi state of ready. Went to school. One day he left it at his girlfriends house by accident and she had a little kid.

If the kid found it and pulled the trigger:| Bang My friend was very concerned and lucky.

Wa state has a very liberal gun law, no felony or involuntary mental commitment, back ground check, $45 a couple of weeks your good to go.

A friend got his liscense to carry in tacoma which has a high gang population. While waiting in line to fill out his app. He said that almost half the guy's in line wore red bandanas (bloods) and the other half wore blue bandana's (crips).

FWIW Bloods and Crips are rival gangs and don't like each other but they can get a CWP as long as they have a clean record.

The DC sniper obtained his AR-15 that was last seen on the shelf in a gun store in Tacoma. After the FEDs tracked the gun down to the store the owner was surprised to find out the rifle was missing.

A inventory of the store found that 250 guns were unaccounted for. Eventually the store owner lost his FFL and sold the store to a friend.

a couple of month's ago the late owners insurance company paid $2,000, 000 in claims to some of the victims and the gun manufator (bushmaster) paid $500,000 for gun education purposes.

Last month the ex gunstore owner was charged with failure to file federal income tax returns for a number of years.

Guns don't kill peope , People do. The FFL system works if the liscense holder is a responsiable person.

In washington state ther is very little gun related crime because antone can be packing.But the gun laws that are on the books need to be enforced. How can a gun store lose track of 250 guns and stay in business. BTW ATF knew the gun store had a record keeping problem prior to the incident in washington D.C.

For more info try a google on Tacoma Wa. the store name is the Bullseye and has a indoor range.

R.I.P.

I read the first and the last posts in this thread. Surprise, surprise--It into a pro-concealed carry versus anti-concealed carry thread. Who could have seen that coming? It's late, and I don't have the energy to fight this battle again, but here are a few quotes I took off the Internet regarding the one event I think best makes the case for concealed carry.

From http://www.acslpa.org/reciprocity/ethics.htm:

Anecdotal cases make the point vivid. Dr. Susanna Gratia Hupp, who watched her parents' slaughter by the perpetrator of the Killeen, Texas, massacre in Luby's Cafeteria, has testified numerous times that she could have taken the perpetrator out if only she had had her gun in her purse (which, at that time, would have been a violation of Texas law). Similarly, any number of victims of the Long Island commuter train massacre might have been able to take the perpetrator out sooner if they had been armed at the time. These examples illustrate the social utility of defensive gun use as well as its defensive efficacy.

From http://hematite.com/dragon/gunuses.html:

It's better to have a gun and not need it, than ...

You should read the account of the Luby's massacre that Dr. Susan Gratia has given. She was there. Her parents died. Her legally owned handgun was in her vehicle because it was against the law for her to carry it into the restaurant.

The following is transcribed from oral testimony before the Missouri legislature:

"Somewhere along the line I made one of my stupidest decisions... I was afraid that ...if ...somebody caught me with the gun in my purse, I could lose my license to practice, lose my ability to make a living. So I took the gun out of my purse and I left it in my car ...which the laws in my state are kinda wishy- washy on ...and I thought, 'Heck, if I needed it, it's probably going to be when I'm out on the road ...in the middle of nowhere and, you know, my car's broke down or something ..."

"Everybody in here knows, I think, what happened in Luby's .. but, in a nutshell ...uh ...ya know, we all think ...and I know you do ...(indicating a committee member), we all think that crime happens when you're walking down a dark alley... I've never been involved in any crimes ...that's never happened in my life ... I was with my parents...AT NOON, on a bright sunny day, in Luby's, with a hundred and forty other people, OK. In a town that's not a high crime town."

"This guy .... drives through the window .... and starts shooting ...This guy has got no history ...nothing." "Well, my father and I immediately put the table up in front of us and we all got down behind it, and I ...ya know your first opinion is ...is this guy robbing this place ...what's the deal ...what's ...what's going on, and then you're realizing that all he's doing is simply shooting people."

"As he was working his way toward us, I reached for my purse, thinking ...Hah! ...I've got this son of a gun ...OK? Now, understand, I know what a lot of people think, ...they think, ... 'Oh, my God, then you would have had a gunfight and then more people would have been killed.' Unhunh, no, ...I was down on the floor ...this guy is standing up ...everybody else is down on the floor ...I had a perfect shot at him ...it would have been clear, I had a place to prop my hand ...the guy was not even aware of what we were doing ...I'm not saying that I could have saved anybody in there, but I would have had a chance ...that's all I'm saying is that I would have had a chance ..." "My gun wasn't even in my purse ...it was a hundred feet away in my car!"

"My father was saying, 'I gotta do something!, I gotta do something! This guy's going to kill everyone in here!' So I wasn't able to hold him down and when my father thought he had a chance ...he went at the guy! The guy turned, shot him in the chest and my dad went down."

"Shortly ...it made the guy change directions and he went off to my left. Shortly after that somebody broke out a window in back and I saw a chance to get out ...I grabbed my mother and tried to get her up ...hoped she was following me ...and I grew wings on my feet. As it turned out, my mother crawled over to my father and stayed with him ...and this ...I'm trying to think of a civil word to use ...this person ...uh ...eventually came around and shot her also ...OK"

"Let me make a point here, in case this isn't becoming extremely clear. My state has gun control laws. It did not keep Hennard from coming in and killing everybody! What it did do, was keep me from protecting my family! That's the only thing that cotton pickin' law did! OK! Understand that! That's ...that's so important!"

You may go your whole life without needing a fire extinguisher. You may even live in a town where the fire department alarm hasn't rung in twenty years. But that one lazy Sunday afternoon when you and your family are getting ready to sit down for lunch, obviously not expecting any danger, and a little hot grease pops off the stove and sets the kitchen curtains on fire, you'll be damned glad that under the sink, between the detergent and the insecticide, sits that never previously utilized fire extinguisher.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

You may go your whole life without needing a fire extinguisher. You may even live in a town where the fire department alarm hasn't rung in twenty years. But that one lazy Sunday afternoon when you and your family are getting ready to sit down for lunch, obviously not expecting any danger, and a little hot grease pops off the stove and sets the kitchen curtains on fire, you'll be damned glad that under the sink, between the detergent and the insecticide, sits that never previously utilized fire extinguisher.

see attached. ;)
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

I scored a 98% but the instructor demanded that 50% of our shots were from the hip at close range. His idea was that in a situation many times you have to react fast and the encounter will most likely be close.
I either carry a snubby .357 or a Kimber 1911.
My job often put me in some not so nice hoods at dark in Nashville working on HVAC equipment. That was the main reason for getting my permit.

Ugh. Why do these always smell like "Who's is bigger"?

I carry concealed, a concealed pistol that I will only introduce to the world when I need to kill somebody. Until then, I hope it will be a horrendous surprise.

(Several different .45 caliber pistols, if you have to know)

I did the shooting part of the course tonight and scored a 249 out of 250. I cannot believe that one of my last shots at 45 ft went into the 4 range instead of the 5.

Anyway, I was shooting a Beretta 92 FS and I will most likely be carrying either that or the Beretta Bobcat (on occasions).

Clint D-24352

A friend got his liscense to carry in tacoma which has a high gang population. While waiting in line to fill out his app. He said that almost half the guy's in line wore red bandanas (bloods) and the other half wore blue bandana's (crips).

FWIW Bloods and Crips are rival gangs and don't like each other but they can get a CWP as long as they have a clean record.

And you think it's very likely for a Blood or a Crip to be in the gang for more than a short time without accumulating a criminal record? Do you even think it's very likely that a given applicant to these gangs will not have amassed convictions prior to trying to join? Prison is a badge of honor to such people, I thought. Frankly, I don't believe that Bloods and Crips are bothering to get concealed weapons permits as you claim. I have never heard a WORD of this story until you claimed it here, so it is far from proven. And then the issue is, if these "Bloods" and "Crips" on the CCW line have clean records, maybe -- here's a revolutionary thought -- they should be treated as non-criminals by the government! :o

a couple of month's ago the late owners insurance company paid $2,000, 000 in claims to some of the victims and the gun manufator (bushmaster) paid $500,000 for gun education purposes.

I see no justifiable reason that Bushmaster should have had to pay one red cent. They did nothing illegal, and they are not the ones who lost track of the guns.

In washington state ther is very little gun related crime because antone can be packing.But the gun laws that are on the books need to be enforced. How can a gun store lose track of 250 guns and stay in business. BTW ATF knew the gun store had a record keeping problem prior to the incident in washington D.C.

Then the fucking ATF is who should have been sued. They fucked up and didn't do their jobs. Malfeasance or incompetence: it was one or the other, so take your pick. Why was Bushmaster sued for not enforcing the law, when enforcing the law is the BATF's job?!

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"