Iver

150 in a V319

Does anybody have somexperience into craming a 150 into a V319? I know the chart says its impossible and all but it has been wrong before;) The rig has a OP 126 witch the chart marks as regular fit.

How about 135's? 7 cells, zpx, lpv? How low must i go? I want a small rig goddamit!:P

Stuffing a 150 in a V319 is plain stupid. Combining a 150 main with a 126 reserve and your jump numbers is even more stupid. Don't do it, invest money and buy a container for the canopy you are jumping, not one that you might jump some day. Simple as that...

P.S.: I don't know which chart you are using but in the sizing chart on the UPT website (http://www.unitedparachutetechnologies.com/PDF/CHART_00037___Rig_Sizing_Chart.pdf) the OP 126 is marked as a loose fit.
Nice words are not always true - and true words are not always nice.

UPT can call it loose fit all they want, but when I put an OP143 in my v319 it was an uncomfortable brick. This is my 4th Vector and the first time I have needed a "loose fit" to have a comfortable fit. That was with a XF2 114, so it wasn't a stuffed main tray that did it either. But now with an OP126 and KA107, it is one comfy rig!
The rest of your post is spot on though!

First of all - I know that the 132 Pilot ZPX packs about the same size as a 120 Katana. It will still be a thight fit that I do not recommend.

Second - a 150 main combined with a 126 reserve is a bad idea because of your ability to land it safely. If your jump numbers and weight are correct you have no point in being under a 126 reserve. Why jump a 126 reserve when you want to jump a 150 main?

And just some generic advice... You want to buy a new container but somehow it seems you are not having your priorities in the correct order:

1. Choose a reserve canopy - this will be the one that will save your ass. This will be the canopy you jump for. If your main opens, nice for you. But always expect to need your reserve. And to have to land it in a tight spot between buildings, trees and power lines.

2. Choose a main canopy - this will be the one that you will spend the most time under. It should fit your skill level and your intentions. It will be most likely for you to hurt yourself because of a wrong sized / wrong planform main.

3. Choose a container to correctly fit your reserve and your main canopy. Form follows function - not the other way around.

Do not put looks above safety!
Nice words are not always true - and true words are not always nice.