Michele

Who will be the next President?

We've had lots of "who will you vote for" polls, but I was wondering who people think will be our next President. Not who will you vote for, not who you wish would win, but who you think will actually be our next President.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

And there I was thinking I was being original. LOL!

I think it'll be interesting to see who people believe will be the next President, anonymous or not. That's a question the pollsters don't ask...and I don't know why.

Well, it will be interesting to see what this poll says. While it's not terribly scientific, nor exclusive to Americans who vote, it will still show public opinion...

Ciels-
Michele

and the electorial college 277 to 261.

What combo of states gives you that?

Just wanted to see which states you see going where.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

And there I was thinking I was being original. LOL!

I think it'll be interesting to see who people believe will be the next President, anonymous or not. That's a question the pollsters don't ask...and I don't know why.

Well, it will be interesting to see what this poll says. While it's not terribly scientific, nor exclusive to Americans who vote, it will still show public opinion...

Ciels-
Michele

I predict bush ...and it does, indeed, show my opinion of the public. Historically, assuming free press will survive, it will be viewed as one of the darkest days in US history.

I predict bush ...and it does, indeed, show my opinion of the public. Historically, assuming free press will survive, it will be viewed as one of the darkest days in US history.

Now, see, you're starting to sound like those doom and gloomers. "The world will end in 2005" and so on.

LOL, it's all right, I have no prediction as to the future. I was just wondering who people thought would win.

;)

Ciels-
Michele

Now, see, you're starting to sound like those doom and gloomers. "The world will end in 2005" and so on.

LOL, it's all right, I have no prediction as to the future. I was just wondering who people thought would win.

;)

Ciels-
Michele

Well you see, it's not all right.

No one has ever hear me passionately support or oppose a political candidate. Basically, I viewed it with amusement as one set of gestures and words swayed the nation. This is the first time (yeah, I'll buy beer :) I see the choice as a critical one.

This isn't a game supporting one team or another. This is just about the most significant election in our history. This is a cusp that will either turn our country into big brother watching out for our welfare, or it might turn away from such a path.

30 years from now, please remember this conversation ...then go out and fight the sonsabitches who took away our freedom under the guise of protecting it. That's where we're headed. If you believe that it is necessary to sacrafice the essential freedoms that this country was founded upon, for a sense of security, then I just disagree. If, however, you really don't see what's coming, well god help us all.

Michael

Having watched (with no small amusement) the election news coming out of Florida.... I'm pretty sure of my prediction:

Bush Wins (again)... By 5 votes to 4 (again).... In the Supreme Court (again).

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

Chris:

If Bush wins, would he be considered the "next" President?

I thought about that when I wrote up the poll. If I asked using other terms, there would potentially be a skewing of the way things are read, so I just asked it the way I did.

Mike:

This isn't a game supporting one team or another. This is just about the most significant election in our history. This is a cusp that will either turn our country into big brother watching out for our welfare, or it might turn away from such a path.

Unlike others, I don't see this as a game; elections have never been a game wherein one side plays the other. I have always seen elections as a deadly serious obligation and priviledge...it's always been critical in my life.

Whether or not this is the cusp of "Big Brother" I don't know. I honestly believe that it's not. Yes, I'm aware of all the comments from both sides...aware of the doom/gloom criers from both sides...aware of the lies and stories from both sides. I'm fairly intelligent, too, and widely read. But I don't believe the same as you do.

Does that make either of us wrong? No, just people who hold different opinions.

That's where we're headed. If you believe that it is necessary to sacrafice the essential freedoms that this country was founded upon, for a sense of security, then I just disagree. If, however, you really don't see what's coming, well god help us all.

I see your position, and I see how you might have reached it. But I don't think it will happen - again, that's not a failing on my part, but simply a different opinion. The same way I don't believe you've failed because you don't see things the way I do.

Ciels-
Michele

I've asked this before. No liberal had the balls to stand up and predict a win for their man. I'm sure, however, there will be some votes for him now that it's annonymous.

Wow. Would you look at that, you are wrong! And, it was a reply to your post as well.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1307713;#1307713

Want me to say it again? Kerry will win.

And if he doesn't I'm sure you will find a way to use this post against me down the line.

No one has ever hear me passionately support or oppose a political candidate.

Must be a pattern. The New Yorker for the first time in it's 80 years of history is supporting a candidate: John Kerry.

This is just about the most significant election in our history. This is a cusp that will either turn our country into big brother watching out for our welfare, or it might turn away from such a path.

30 years from now, please remember this conversation ...then go out and fight the sonsabitches who took away our freedom under the guise of protecting it. That's where we're headed.

Well, with the Democrats penchant for disarming the public - particularly all arms worth using in a fight, what do you propose we fight with?

Really, do you think the Democrats would shy from taking just as many freedoms as the Republicans, if not more?!?

Neither candidate is going to come up with any great change in the momentum of government.

If Kerry wins, things will get worse and people will blame Kerry for making it worse than ift was under Bush.

If Bush wins, things will get worse and people will blame eight year of Bush and the next Democrat is almost guaranteed a Penn Ave address.

If you believe that it is necessary to sacrafice the essential freedoms that this country was founded upon, for a sense of security, then I just disagree.

You're in good company, with me, Thomas Jefferson, and many great Patriots alive and dead.

If, however, you really don't see what's coming, well god help us all.

God help us all, Mike. God help us all.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

It's even MORE important if you take into consideration that at least one and as many as three Supreme Court Justices will be appointed by whoever is in office from 2004 to 2008.

Just to bring it up, they said the same thing about the Bush-Gore election.

Does anyone know how the Chief Justice is doing, anyway?

Personally I'd like to see a President who'd appoint judges and Justices that would respect all of the Amendments, not just certain ones, but neither Bush nor Kerry is going to do that.
witty subliminal message
1*