RichyR

Safire 3

If you are looking for lovely soft on heading openings, I have just been test jumping the SFire from Icarus and the openings were great. Soft and perfectly on heading. I did pump the risers to bring the slider down but it was a very comfortable opening and the canopy was very easy and fun to fly and land in both nil winds and gusty thermal conditions it handles very well. I have not yet tried the Safire 3 but have been given mixed reviews on openings from people who have jumped these.

Jumped Safire 2 & 3 multiple times last weekend while helping out on a canopy course. I did 6 or 7 jumps on the Safire 3 (169 & 149).

All openings were subterminal - comparably soft & easily controlled.

The Safire 3 seems to be trimmed a little steeper in full flight than the Saf2, though not as steep as a sabre 2. Front riser pressure is significantly lighter on saf3 & builds much slower. The saf3 is more responsive to harness input. Control stroke is long & predictable - there's plenty of warning before it stalls & a plenty of flare power.

Altogether a really nice canopy. I think those used to the Safire 2 will find the biggest differences in front riser pressure, harness inputs & increased flare power.