Slavik

Digital altimeter ALTER

We are pleased to introduce you a result of 2-year development and testing - digital altimeter ALTER
A product made by skydivers for skydivers.

Features:
- Size 54.5x36.5x12 mm
- Altitude range -500 m - +9000 m stand. cond., 1 m measurement accuracy
- Four-digit display with backlight
- USB-chargeable and easy to update
- Water resistant case
- 1.5 mm protective polycarbonate antiabrasive-coated glass
- Logbook: jump count, last jump details (max. speed, time of free fall, deploy altitude).
- Kit includes: mini USB cable, charger
- Different mounts

Our website: www.altersky.net

Is it possible to use units of (thousands of) feet

How many digits does it display during freefall?

The user manual is very brief, doesn't address these questions.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Thank you for your interest - it is possible to use feets - in freefall altitude will be displayed in hundreds of feet (12.1 12.0 e.t.c.), after opening the parachute - altitude will be displayed in feets to a resolution of 10 feet for easy reading (2990 2980 e.t.c.)

Of course - circuit design and source code are a trade secret, but as the pressure sensor(anyway everyone can disassemble and look) - we use BOSCH bmp180 - a newer model than BMP085 used in viso and optima, so measurements are identical to the products of L&B.
P.S. Write to [email protected] - maybe we can help you

Slavik

... in freefall altitude will be displayed in hundreds of feet (12.1 12.0 e.t.c.)

Is this a typo? Hopefully not many skydivers will still be in freefall at 1200 feet.

If you have a four digit display, would it not make sense to show altitude to four digits, in thousands of feet increments? 13,500 ft (typical turbine exit altitude) could be represented as 13.50; 12,150 ft as 12.15; 8760 ft as 8.760 ....

No, actually I guess three digits is more than enough for freefall.

13.5, 12.2, 8.76

Three digits are all you need for canopy flight, too -- since you only resolve to 10 ft increments, the fourth digit will always be zero, no?

Yes - this is a typo ofc - it was meant hundreds after dot. It makes no sense to show tens in freefall because of the high freefall speed, so we decided to show hundreds after dot by analogy with neptune and viso. The fourth digit will allways be zero in feets, but not in meters(there we dont use dots).Besides fourth digit is needed for menu, logbook, e.t.c.

I got my Alter altimeter and mudflap mount, jumped it over the 3 day weekend, and I must say I absolutely love this altimeter.

I usually jump with multiple altimeters and from what I've seen, the Alter is just as accurate as my Viso 2.

I've struggled to find a digital altimeter I can read on a left mudflap mount under canopy. I've run into issues where there was glare, or the angle of the mount made it difficult to read. The Alter + its mudflap mount have solved this problem for me. Very easy to read, 4 digit display, plus the mount is plastic and seems much safer than metal in case of an ugly landing or collision in freefall.

I'm a fan! I may order a second Alter for my other rig as an early Christmas present to myself. B|

How are people finding the accuracy?

I bought an Alter without a display, with the intention of building it into a HUD project. The vendor sounded pretty optimistic about getting me some info on it's diag port, but months later I still haven't heard anything from them :(

On the 9 jumps I made with it so far, the Alter was displaying the same altitudes as my Viso 2 on the ride up, during freefall, and under canopy.

I'll PM you the email address an Alter rep replied from when I asked about shipping. A HUD project sounds awesome! Good luck!

I recently bought one of these, put about 18 jumps on it so far. Really liking the device. It's accurate and easy to read in freefall and under canopy. Customer support is really good as well, they always respond quickly and are open to feedback.