kawisixer01

G3 Vs Aero Vs ?

Hoping someone has a funky head shape like me. I have a small diameter head (usually can wear youth hats), but a tall head, so a lot of helmet chin bars hit the middle of my chin or my mouth. Anybody know what helmet has the lowest chin bar or a little extra clearance in that area?

The AERO for sure, the padding in the helmet is made up of individual shims, you can add or remove the shims to get that perfect fit. The helmet also ships from the manufacturer with some extra padding in the bag. Also unlike the G3 which is made out of plastic the AERO is made out of carbon fibre so it is more durable and harder. The AERO also has a wider field of view than the G3

weaverd

The AERO for sure, the padding in the helmet is made up of individual shims, you can add or remove the shims to get that perfect fit. The helmet also ships from the manufacturer with some extra padding in the bag. Also unlike the G3 which is made out of plastic the AERO is made out of carbon fibre so it is more durable and harder. The AERO also has a wider field of view than the G3

The G3 is super common, so there are about a million different ways to mount a camera on it, but what about the Aero? Is there an easy way to mount a camera on the front? I'm talking about the equivalent of this: http://www.chutingstar.com/grellfab-gopro-g3-front-mount

I emailed GrellFAB a month ago and they said they're working on an AERO front mount, but no one knows for sure. I jump an XL AERO because my head doesn't fit the biggest XXL G3. A very good thing about the AERO besides its fit is that the shell surface area is actually a lot bigger than the G3. G3 provides no hard shell protection for your bottom half of the back of your head, while my AERO's shell extends to my ears. To answer your question, currently there's no front mount/chin mount for the AERO. I plan on mounting a GoPro HERO Session using its low profile frame on the top of my AERO. Hope this helped!
My skydiving blog: www.kiwiskydiving.com /// youtube channel: kiwiskydiving

tsf

***The AERO for sure, the padding in the helmet is made up of individual shims, you can add or remove the shims to get that perfect fit. The helmet also ships from the manufacturer with some extra padding in the bag. Also unlike the G3 which is made out of plastic the AERO is made out of carbon fibre so it is more durable and harder. The AERO also has a wider field of view than the G3

The G3 is super common, so there are about a million different ways to mount a camera on it, but what about the Aero? Is there an easy way to mount a camera on the front? I'm talking about the equivalent of this: http://www.chutingstar.com/grellfab-gopro-g3-front-mount

There is a grellfab mount in the works for the AERO and I'm also willing to bet you could make one of the current ones fit. Bonehead has regular style metal GP mounts or you can buy after market ones that would work as well. Bonehead also has a roller mount for the AERO as well.

weaverd

unlike the G3 which is made out of plastic the AERO is made out of carbon fibre so it is more durable and harder.

You need to be a bit careful with claims like that. Just sayin.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Sounds like i've got a similar shaped head to you. I think someone already mentioned, but you can fit extra foam in the sides and top / chin section separately in the Aero (which i have), i put extra foam in the sides only and its a pretty good fit. Tried on a few G3s and felt a bit claustrophobic with the mouthpiece infront of my face. Don't get that feeling at all in the Aero. can't see any of the helmet at all when I'm wearing it.