skydiverek

No required maintenance for CYPRES !

The pdf is silent on battery change. Anyone know what will happen - will it self test like a vigil and, if so, will the battery be field replacable like a cypres 1 or will that dictate return to cypres for a service/battery change? Or do they anticipate batteries lasting 12.5 years?

This is interesting:

From January 2016 we have done technical changes that permit this decision.

No hints about what those technical changes might be.
"It's amazing what you can learn while you're not talking." - Skydivesg

Somehow I don't see the FAA following suit on 180 day reserve repacks, i.e. from required to highly recommended. ;)

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

So now new Vigils (2+ model) are the only new AAD on the market that has additional time and money expenses required after the initial purchase (pay rigger to uninstall, pay shipping to manufacturer for battery replacement. probably pay manufacturer for battery replacement, deal with rig without an AAD in the meantime, and reinstall AAD once returned). Good move Cypres.

I bet the next move will be for Vigil to update their manual to recommend turning the unit off at the end of the day to conserve that battery life.