wmw999

That little radar

Meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, , meep, meep, meep, meep, fffffffttttttttttttttttt!!!

:ph34r:

Hey -- you were the one who included France! :P

It's getting pretty ugly in here, isn't it?

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Trust me, this post belongs in SC and not Bonfire ;)

Everyone has issues that causes their own personal radar to go meep meep meep. I think we can figure some of them out -- some folks with guns, others with Bush.

Some of us seem to have radars that go meep meep on people and not issues. As soon as someone that sets off your radar posts something, you see only what you disagree with in it. This is usually followed by several posts between the two in fast succession -- meep meep meep meep meep meep meep meep until someone hijacks the thread, or a warning is issued, or something even stronger overcomes their radar.

If you think this might apply to you, look around. Who pisses you off no matter what they post? Imagine what they look like seeking blindly, going meep meep meep on their own, and have a beer.

Wendy W.

Another idea. I am the voice of reason and level-headedness. All are welcome to use my postings as a measure of the sensibility of their own postings.;)

Walt

Wendy I have no idea what your talking about:P;)

I think some of us me included focus on the parts that are very important to us. What we take personal.
There is a bunch of people on here and I know they would say the same about me. That I know what they will post before they post it.
Also those of us that spend a lot of time in here kind of get a feeling for what the person is about, at least in there political views.

But all in all with only one exception I don’t have bad feelings towards any one. If I ever met Ron, John, Rhino, and the many others I don't agree with politically. I would buy them a beer and talk about skydiving. Life is too short

Ps. Very happy we are back in space good job NASA:)
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Some of us seem to have radars that go meep meep on people and not issues. As soon as someone that sets off your radar posts something, you see only what you disagree with in it. This is usually followed by several posts between the two in fast succession -- meep meep meep meep meep meep meep meep until someone hijacks the thread, or a warning is issued, or something even stronger overcomes their radar.

Nice use of color to illustrate your point.

Yes, I agree! Rather festive, wouldn't you say? The use of red and green almost puts one in a slight holiday mood!:D

Chuck

Yes, I agree! Rather festive, wouldn't you say? The use of red and green almost puts one in a slight holiday mood!:D

Chuck

I think she should have used at least 4 colors. I start singing Jingle Bells whenever I read it. It's highly distracting. What were we atlking about? :)

Chuck

I think she should have used at least 4 colors. I start singing Jingle Bells whenever I read it. It's highly distracting. What were we atlking about? :)

Uh... aw hell, I forgot!:D

Chuck

But all in all with only one exception I don’t have bad feelings towards any one. If I ever met Ron, John, Rhino, and the many others I don't agree with politically. I would buy them a beer and talk about skydiving.

Ditto on that from me, Darius. I may not like some of your political views, but I've got lots of friends whose politics I disagree with. That doesn't mean I can't enjoy their company at the drop zone and beyond. I can keep politics separate from other things.

John Rich

Meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep, meep

I cannot get this out of my head now. :)
We are all engines of karma

I am what I am:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txqFj30soFc

Sometimes you don't understand.
Sometimes I am what I am.
Sometimes I just can't be everything you hoped I'd be...
and sometimes I wish that you could see I'm not like you, I'm not like them, I won't pretend.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

After looking at the list of updated (and subsequently redacted) threads, I think it's time to bump this thread :D:D

Folks, if someone is pissing you off that bad, it's about you, it's not about them.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Shameless bump of my very own thread. Play the ball. If the player who pisses you off is playing person-to-person defense, fuck 'em, go play a different game for awhile. Leave them wondering if you saw their last post, or make it clear it just wasn't worth responding to. Nothing will piss some of those folks off more.

Wendy P.

(edited)
4 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Shameless bump of my very own thread. Play the ball. If the player who pisses you off is playing person-to-person defense, fuck 'em, go play a different game for awhile. Leave them wondering if you saw their last post, or make it clear it just wasn't worth responding to. Nothing will piss some of those folks off more.

Wendy P.

Hey, that’s my MO! Seriously, the main reason this drags on and on is simply set neither one of the players is willing to let the other one have the last word. It is so childish.

Edited by gowlerk

On 8/27/2020 at 7:45 PM, wmw999 said:

Wendy P.

Wow, you’ve been trying for nearly 20 years! Thread bought back memories. Popsjumper and I became very good friends, sadly he passed away before he could vote for Trump (he liked Trump). John rich and Kallend sparring over guns in a never ending circle :) 

On 1/21/2012 at 12:26 AM, Coreece said:

I am what I am:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txqFj30soFc

Sometimes you don't understand.
Sometimes I am what I am.
Sometimes I just can't be everything you hoped I'd be...
and sometimes I wish that you could see I'm not like you, I'm not like them, I won't pretend.

Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Interesting that this still holds true now more than ever - and never has it been so lonely. . .