RedundantRigger

Relining Spectres

I have a few PD spectres in Storage. The owners didn't want to spend the money relining a well used canopy.
I have a basic zigzag machine, so I figured i might try building and installing a line set.
I know I'll have a hard time finding the line specifications, so I'm hoping somebody out there might wanna share anything.
Maybe someone measured out a newly lined Spectre.
The sizes I have are 135 and 170 sqft.
Also open for general advice.(Jiggs,sewing, where to get the spectra/dacron)
I'm not desperate to get these canopies in the skies, just mildly interested in trying to reline a canopy.

I am going to reline a Spectre 150 this week. I bought a line set from PD. It will be like changing garden hoses. I found out canopy was out of trim from line trim chart on PD web site. Most of the line lengths can be duplicated from that chart. A call to PD will give you anything else you need. Use lighter thread. I am using Singer 17w15 to sew finger traps. Good luck. JT

RedundantRigger

I know I'll have a hard time finding the line specifications, so I'm hoping somebody out there might wanna share anything.

Google, bro. Most line trim charts are easily accessible in under 30 seconds.

http://www.performancedesigns.com/docs/linetrims/SP_150-230LT.pdf

Lethal1ty17

Google, bro. Most line trim charts are easily accessible in under 30 seconds.

http://www.performancedesigns.com/docs/linetrims/SP_150-230LT.pdf

where does the trim chart tell you the cascade insertion points, fingertrap insertion depths or where does it account for the fingertrap/bartack line shrinkage ?

:(

I've come to the conclusion that making linesets is specialized work requiring knowledge, skills and tools not usually found in the field. It can be done, but unless you are planning to go into producing them for sale, it's not worth the effort.

The people I know that do make them take the measurements off of any brand new canopies that pass through their hands. They carefully record and file the information. Manufacturers do not share the info needed to make a correct lineset.

You may decide to do it anyway, as a personal experience. But if you sell any of the resulting canopies do be honest with the buyers about the nature of the lines.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.