chuteless

The Bible

What a complete and total crock of shit. When the hell did faith become synonymous with fact and truth?:S

What possible difference does it make what version of the Bible you use when you're making the shit up as you go anyway??:S

And why, might I ask, is the Bible in need of your specific translation? Couldn't your all mighty God get his story straight the first time?

Action©Sports

And why, might I ask, is the Bible in need of your specific translation? Couldn't your all mighty God get his story straight the first time?

God is only as almighty as the people who created him are able to conceptualize.

As people's knowledge grows, so they have to revise what God is able to know and do.

Funny how no one mentioned in the bible how God created germs and other microscopic things... If only they'd written the bible after mankind discovered that stuff! :S

Blue skies,
-Jeffrey
-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

At the risk of being pummeled on this one, most people don't speak the language that the original texts were written in and I believe I read somewhere that most versions were translated to some intermediate language before English. There's bound to be human error here.

You are absolutely correct, Morcyk. It would be even more accurate to say that at the time the Bible was written (made up), only a very select few knew how to read or write in a n y language.

Knowledge is power. If you don't have the ability to read yourself, you are forced to rely on the abilities of others. At the time, educated people (most commonly representatives of the church) were revered and their stories were to be accepted as truth without question (does the word "Faith" ring a bell?)

Can you think of a better way to control the populous than to give them only the information you want them to have?

Communist regimes have always limited and censored the information available to the population for the very same reason - control

Action©Sports

The things I will state are absolute FACTS

Phew, then it's a good thing you said "FACTS" in all caps, or I would never have believed you.

Then that's the difference between you and I. And it has to do with love and respect. I'm not a christian, but I respect all christians and their views. and jews, muslims, hindus, atheists, pagan, wiccans, you name it.

I would never berate anyone into believing the way I do.

But hey, thanks for the hit-and-run post. As you can see, you've accomplished a lot and changed everyone's minds. Good job.

"To start with, the Holy Bible (King James version) contains references to:

George W Bush,
Osama bin Laden
Al Qaeda,
The United States of America
England
......etc"

But not Scotland, Bill?
Why is there no mention of Scotland?
The King James in question was after all a Scottish King, you'd have thought he might at least have sneaked in a mention of the homeland.>:(
:P
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

It wasn't so much that he thought he had god on his side, it was that he said god was on his side to enlist the support of those that would actually be dying in the war, the poor and un-educated (generally the most religious demographic). This is a common M.O. of world leaders to organize their minions to carry out their agendas.

-R

I'm sure Churchill & co. believed that they had God on their side yet they were blatantly breaking a straight forward rule, as others have done many times since.

A little more on that:

Gustave Gilbert and Hermann Goering (Adolf Hitler's Deputy Chief and Luftwaffe Commander) at the Nuremberg trials, 1946 from Nuremberg Diary by Gustave M. Gilbert. (Signet, New York, 1947).

We got around to the subject of war again and I said that, contrary to his attitude, I did not think that the common people are very thankful for leaders who bring them war and destruction.

"Why, of course, the people don't want war," Goering shrugged. "Why would some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best that he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece. Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship."

"There is one difference," I pointed out. "In a democracy the people have some say in the matter through their elected representatives, and in the United States only Congress can declare wars."

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

-Gardner

It's about time for you all to try this:

http://www.philosophers.co.uk/games/god.htm

It's been posted before but if you haven't tried it yet, you might learn something about your own belief system.

Hehe, pretty fun and interesting game. However, the game itself is not consistent. In a few questions it says "God COULD." In these instances I answer True, but because God is all-powerful and CAN doesn't mean He WILL. So the game tried to shoot me down on these accusations. Oh well. Fun, yet not applicable ;)

Hey folks! Guess what? I just went through the Bible with my Magic Decoder Ring and these are most interesting things I found reference to:

Scotland - Sorry NacMac, I found nothing about the actual country, just Scotch in a Box
Lucky Charms
John Holms
Michael Jackson
Nipple Rings
The invention of the Water Bong
Bubba Gump Shrimp
The IRS and the exact time of it's demise
Metabolife
Rick James

Keep in mind that these are ABSOLUTE FACTS and any discussion about their authenticity is considered blasphemy.

I'll get back with you with more exciting revelations once the shrooms wear off.

Peace,
Z

Action©Sports

hehe fun game!

You have reached the end!

Congratulations! You have made it to the end of this activity.

You took zero direct hits and you bit zero bullets. The average player of this activity to date takes 1.39 hits and bites 1.11 bullets. 229274 people have so far undertaken this activity.

Click the link below for further analysis of your performance and to see if you've won an award.