Squeak

Sunset clause ends next week

Alright, so this gun walks into a bar
The bartender looks up and says "hey buddy, we don't want no trouble this time..."
The gun says "sorry, when I drink I always start shooting my mouth off."

Ha.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Ummm...what the hell are you talking about?

When our governments use armed force against their citizens, the veterans, hunters, etc. don't do anything about it because of the media spin: that the embattled citizens are some form of undesireable (drug dealers, child molesters, etc.)

The media spin is there because "the media" is big business. Reporting early on sordid stories nets viewers, readers, and advertising dollars. To be early the media needs to accept government press releases (aka "leaks from trusted sources") without much fact checking.

[
When our governments use armed force against their citizens, the veterans, hunters, etc. don't do anything about it because of the media spin: that the embattled citizens are some form of undesireable (drug dealers, child molesters, etc.)

Which incidents of using armed forces against the general population are you refering to? (Preferably within the last 20 years)

[

Which incidents of using armed forces against the general population are you refering to? (Preferably within the last 20 years)

The Branch Davidians, Waco TX, 1993
Donald Scott, Ventura County CA, 1992
The Weaver family, Ruby Ridge ID, 1992

[

Some of us are old enough to consider events of 30 years ago "recent".

Your time restriction is unrealistic. The govt. HAS used armed force against the citizens many times and I have no doubt it will do it again when it feels threatened.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Your time restriction is unrealistic. The govt. HAS used armed force against the citizens many times and I have no doubt it will do it again when it feels threatened.

And yet you don't consider the motivations behind the 2nd to be very valid (spare me the doubletalk).

My use of the phrase "general population" meant exactly that. The small number of cultists in Waco don't qualify as such. It's very easy to claim that those 100 people in a compound are nuts that opened fire on ATF agents. The only people that could counter the official story were holed up inside.

It's quite different to tell the local natural guard that all residents of Oakland are commies that need to be disarmed now, using deadly force as needed. The closest we've had to that is the use of heavy force on protesters during Vietnam.

BTW, I didn't restrict the time frame - just pointed out it would be preferable to hear examples in the current time frame, not back when civil rights were more relative.

[

Some of us are old enough to consider events of 30 years ago "recent".

Just to stir the mix a little...

Anyone else remember a time when the US government used armed forces against it's citizens--to force them to allow black children into their schools?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Anyone else remember a time when the US government used armed forces against it's citizens--to force them to allow black children into their schools?

In strict answer to your question: No. I was not around then.
In loose answer to your question: Yes, I'm aware of that time.

The only thing is, in that instance, they were used to ENFORCE the Constitution, not to shred it.

Blue skies,
-Jeffrey
-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"