peacefuljeffrey

How long before Clinton sues McDonald's for hurting his ticker?

:P So many liberals these days eschew personal responsibility; support suing gun manufacturers for the actions of criminals; support suing fast food companies for purveying "unhealthy" food... I wonder if Clinton is mulling suing McDonald's for making tasty food that clogged his arteries. It would be in keeping with the liberal credo of, "Never take responsibility for anything that you can blame someone else for, and always make excuses for anyone who does something harmful to himself or others -- someone else undoubtedly made them do it." :S

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Republicans never make frivolous suits. Their internal gasses, once leaving their intestines, have the scent of freshly picked roses.

I am beginning to get the hang of how things work in the US, no? :P

Santa Von GrossenArsch
I only come in one flavour
ohwaitthatcanbemisunderst

Republicans never make frivolous suits. Their internal gasses, once leaving their intestines, have the scent of freshly picked roses.

I am beginning to get the hang of how things work in the US, no? :P

Just as we in the U.S. know how things work abroad: Blame the rich, arrogant, conceited and rude Americans for everything that plagues your country, then attack it with terrorism.

-
-Jeffrey

Bill knows better than to bite the hand that feeds him.

Like him or not, you have to admit he's a decently bright guy and he knows he'd lose. And then it would be politically impossible for him to eat a Big Mac again.

We know he doesn't have the moral strength and willpower to make that sacrifice.

Bill knows better than to bite the hand that feeds him.

Like him or not, you have to admit he's a decently bright guy and he knows he'd lose. And then it would be politically impossible for him to eat a Big Mac again.

We know he doesn't have the moral strength and willpower to make that sacrifice.

No, but he has precisely the lack of moral strength and willpower of the typical plaintiff who would bring this type of suit. I suspect it's a small nudge that would send him over the balance point in either direction.

Remember, it was his "Justice" Department that brought precisely this kind of suit against the gun industry, and helped municipalities all over the country to do the same. It speaks huge volumes about the integrity of the various attorneys general that NO such suit has been found in favor of the plaintiffs and/or survived appeal. NONE. And there were DOZENS. What does that tell a person about their validity?

These predatory, "go-after-an-innocent, highly-regulated-industry" suits have been legally, morally and ethically bankrupt from the start. It is perfectly in keeping with Bill Clinton's legacy to perpetuate this kind of legal "theory" for personal gain and to escape personal responsibility.

-
-Jeffrey

Just as we in the U.S. know how things work abroad: Blame the rich, arrogant, conceited and rude Americans for everything that plagues your country, then attack it with terrorism.

Hm, sort of defensive answer. I have no idea how you linked my comment together with foreigners blaming the US for what you mentioned, but I suppose there is a tenous link somewhere.

My point, which I made in a rather indirect way, was that the world isn't black and white. Your generalization is too broad to be useful; however, if your assertion is that people with more of a lefty political attitude are more prone to frivolous suits than others, it's certainly interesting.

Do you have any data to support it, or is it more an anecdotal thing, based on your own life experiences?

Santa Von GrossenArsch
I only come in one flavour
ohwaitthatcanbemisunderst

WHERE ON EARTH did this line of reasoning come from? Silliness… How could anything in this thread possibly promote educated discussion? To use some of your colorful phrases, this is some “fucking, fucked up”, boring, tired and worn out “shit.” :S

At least we've established that Clinton sneaks in the exit doors at movie theaters :)
Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

We know he doesn't have the moral strength and willpower to make that sacrifice.[/reply

This guy never had willpower. I agree. Even though the American Bar Association was his biggest campaign contributor, Big Macs are safe. He never could pass up a roll in the hay so he certainly will go back to Mac Donalds.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.