London86

First time jumpsuit buy

Hey guys!

I'm progressing my way through my AFF, hoping to have the final levels done within the next few weeks.

I'd like to get a jumpsuit ordered for when i can eventually jump solo, but also like to be able to customize it.

Can anyone recommend:

a) a decent jumpsuit
b) a company/business that offer customization of the suit?

Happy to spend good money for the right one.

Any advice appreciated, thanks all!

*forgot, read this first http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1040487;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Www.chutingstar.com
Www.paragear.com
Www.square1.com
Www.greenlightison.com
Www.jumpshack.com
Www.skydivestore.com
Www.rockskymart

Those are a few places to start, but talk to your instructor and rigger. Lot of different options out there to make skinny people fall faster and fat people to fall slower. Also you'll need to figure out if you are going to end up being more into RW or FS. Different strokes for different folks.

As a beginner you should look for something used, or get a nice comfy lighter weight set of mechanics coveralls and have your rigger add an extra layer of material to the butt, knees, and elbows. (Maybe even put some thin foam pad in those areas until you are standing up your landings consistently.

You'll be upset if you jump your $400 suit for the first time and skid it in on the tarmac, or baseball slide for about 20 yards on nice fresh green grass.

Good advice. I got my brand new deepseed FF suit a bit dirty from a couple of bad landings. Flare timing is a bit of an issue, still having problems with that - my last one was too early again and it was a downwind (have to stick to the pattern even if it changes). Went down on my front, although it didn't hurt at all. There's a bit of staining I don't know how to remove, worried about damaging or shrinking it with a hot/warm wash.

jumpsalot-2

Also you'll need to figure out if you are going to end up being more into RW or FS.

RW (relative work) and FS (formation skydiving) are the same thing ...... :o

Yeah, meant Free Flying, but was thinking about freestyle when I typed that.

Wet the stain down with isopropyl rubbing alcohol, let it air dry for a few minutes, rinse with cold water. Then put some liquid detergent into the stained area and work in in with a toothbrush or a slight stiffer brush and rinse with cold water.

Let it air dry and you should be good.

I would start by looking at what type of jumping your going to be doing the most. Like any tool, proper tool for he proper job. Look at what the folks jumping like you are wearing, ask around. Unless you have a large amount of disposable income. In which case you can buy a few.
As far as getting it dirty, it's going happen. I have used woolite or even dish soap and a little grease.
Hope this helps.

You can use plain white distilled vinegar in place of the rubbing alcohol.

Some old Army tricks I picked up over the years. They like to have us crawling around in the mud one day, then looking shiny and pretty in a formation the next. BDUs weren't so bad, but when we switched to ACUs, it was a beyatch