Flyfast

Best Method for Cleaning a G3 (Inside and Out)

I'm curious to see what the best method is to clean a G3, specifically any product that best to use to buff out light scrapes and scratches without distorting or discoloring the ABS outer shell. I didn't see anything on Cookies site that recommends the best method or product to use.

How about the inside liner? I'm assuming I can just throw that in the wash with my dark laundry and air dry.

Any insight is appreciated...
ZC OG

Followed Squeak's advice and got the following response from Marty Bowd, figured I would share:

Outside:
The outside side of the G3 has a matt paste over the paint, so removing scuff marks may not happen when cleaning the outside. Warm water with some dish drops and a cloth will be ok to wipe the outside down.

Inside:
As for the liner, because the chin section is permanently glued in, this is how to wash inside padding, remove the visor and top and brow piece from Velcro, the top, brow and visor can be washed in warm water in a tub with some dish drops. For the ear section, you don’t have to undo the side screws to remove as its all connected to chin. Peel the ear section away from the Velcro and rotate the whole ears downwards , enough for you to hand wash it in the tub, you can hold helmet in one hand and wash with the other. Allow to dry in the shade and then reassemble back in.

-Matt
ZC OG