typerk

Need help withTANGLED LINES!!

typerk

How in the hell did this happen?

If only your steering lines are twisted around your rear risers, then I'd imagine you got very creative with your toggles prior to stowing them.

If/when someone explains to you that you just had a step-through malfunction and cutaway, you can probably back-track and figure out the root cause of that too.

When I was learning to pack, not very long ago, at least five different jumpers approached me and showed me something I was doing precariously, inefficiently, or wrong. It was great, and you aught to try to pack in that sort of environment. $0.02.

Take it the DZ when it's not too busy, ask for help from a packer, rigger, jumper who understands gear (manifest can help you find any of them). Offer their choice of money or frosty beverage at the end of the day. Then listen to everything they say (they'll talk about more than the single thing), and ask plenty of questions.

It's your gear. The better you understand it, the happier it'll keep you.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

When you or said packer do get them out one thing you can do to PREVENT it from happening in the future(this is one of my pet peeves as a packer) is to stow your toggles right after you land. You dont have to set the brakes, but you can stow them, then walk in to the packing area.