E-Rach

the golden Riggers ticket

looking to pick up the riggers ticket,

multiple rigs are killing my pocket change,
im consistently moving (job) so have difficulty finding a local rigger i can work with.... to make it worse im from east Canada, and usually do my jumping in the US.

i got over 100 F-111 flat packs so i got the moves, keep my mind open and seen a few reserve packs.

any courses or masters up in the north east? I would prefer the US FAA.... but any Canadian certs are fine.

thanks,

Your pack jobs are pretty meaningless. If they were the deciding factor/skill then everyone with a 1000 jumps would nearly be FAA riggers. Not. Packing is not the main preparation for obtaining a rigger certificate. Although I couldn't put a exact percentage on it, in my opinion, while packing is an important skill, it is only a "small" percentage of the of the rigger training requirement.

Please access the "So you want to be a Rigger" article at the beginning of Gear and Rigging, and check out the Poynter Schlatter Parachute Rigger Course to confirm. About 19 chapters; and only one about packing. And in the Practical Test System Oral and Practical test only one Area of Operation, (of six) concerns packing. A serious attitude is the key, and I encourage anyone to look, in depth, about the rigger training requirements.

I could be talking about the CSPA Rigger A !!

rad ill check that packing artical out! thanks!

ill work hard to pretend im serious about it....but fuck i pack my reserve* every time i hoop off a low EP its skydiving whats the worse that can happen ;)

study hard and get edu-micated sounds fun!

thanks everyone!

I'll give you my experience since I did both of the courses. The CSPA one had a lot more material, history and theory. I found it focused more heavily on the theory and technical end. The FAA course (The one mentioned above) focused more heavily on the practical.

I feel that the idea of getting a riggers ticket because one is concerned about the costs of paying a rigger is quite wrong. $1500 for a course, hundreds of dollars in rigging equipment and hundreds of hours to actually learn and get good at the craft is a big investment to save $150 each year.

-Michael