E-Rach

words on cheep reserves?

hello
just picked up an old mirage, but no RESERVE!?
she will fit a PDR 126 or Optimum 143

i flew the Optimum 143 was great!
landed my MicroRaven, she went backward a little but was soft.

Anyway took a look around, how many reserves are even out there? aerodyne and PD, are there anything else out there for a good price?

and to all yee wise jumpers who would like to lecture me on safety or price thank-you very much but lets skip it.

and to all yee wise jumpers who would like to lecture me on safety or price thank-you very much but lets skip it.

You are just too cool for a reserve, you don't need one. Just get a BASE rig. Then you won't need a rigger ticket either. They didn't make the older, now cheaper reserves in sizes that small. Because they would have landed like rocks.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

You are just too cool for a reserve, you don't need one. Just get a BASE rig. Then you won't need a rigger ticket either. They didn't make the older, now cheaper reserves in sizes that small. Because they would have landed like rocks.

bullshit.

the man needs a MicroRaven109. He'll be fine. Well, at least no worse than he already is.

The OP can buy a "PD" reserve for cheap from Poland. Perhaps the stitching attaching the label is not up to Performance Designs' standards. Perhaps the label is for a different size of reserve. Perhaps none of the boxes are checked off, but .... hey .... you can buy cheap "PD" reserves from Poland.

likestojump

bullshit.

the man needs a MicroRaven109. He'll be fine. Well, at least no worse than he already is.

Sorry, except for Precision. They made tiny reserves for tiny people. But unless you are a tiny person, you will land like a rock. (But apparently you don't mind that. I assume you are tough enough, and not just uber cool.)
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Just stuff a pillow in the reserve tray and pin the flaps with a small key ring. Then buy an old chest mounted reserve. When you get too drunk to drive home from the DZ, pull out your emergency pillow and snuggle up under your main for an awesome nights rest. This solves more problems than you began with.

gowlerk

bullshit.

Sorry, except for Precision. They made tiny reserves for tiny people. But unless you are a tiny person, you will land like a rock. (But apparently you don't mind that. I assume you are tough enough, and not just uber cool.)

Sarcasm, Ken !

Sarcasm, Ken !

I know Paul. (I'm not really sorry) Too bad George never made a Micro Raven 99 for us to recommend! The general level of sarcasm in the whole thread is pretty high. As it should be.

Just after the rings flip, are you going to be thinking, "Wow! I'm really glad I got such a cheap reserve."?
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

format

Are you saying that Manitoba reserves are better than from Poland?

I'm not sure why you are asking about Manitoba. Rob is not from there. But I am. I've bought several 20 plus year old reserves from Poland. And I'm happy about them. But they were not made in Poland.

I was buying Tempos from Bartek. (skydiverek) He used to sell them a little cheaper than he does now. Also when I was buying them CAD was at par with USD. That made them worth it. Not so much now.

gowlerk

***Are you saying that Manitoba reserves are better than from Poland?

I'm not sure why you are asking about Manitoba. Rob is not from there. But I am. I've bought several 20 plus year old reserves from Poland. And I'm happy about them. But they were not made in Poland.

What I'm saying is that one can buy bad from U.S. and buy a 'gemstone' from where ever... and vice versa.
You too, sound like it is improbable to get a good PDR copy from 'else where than PD'.
So I call it BS... IMHO
What goes around, comes later.