skydivebb

LH-512 Right Angle Binder

another Plus 1 .. on Tenn. Attachment . I have a couple of there Right-angles .

to the OP . I know they seem expensive running 300-$ to 400-$ . But 'buy once.. cry once' .
It's about quality of work your giving yourself or to a customer your sewing for . And you have to think of the miles of tape that you will be run threw it over the years of use . They will last you a good while till you wear the Throat out . The Tape tracks well threw there setups . . Also they will 'throat' the R-angle binder to your personal needs for material and application .

They used to have one guy ( Junior ) just doing the R-Angle set-up's for years there . He was a artist with the silver solder . But he out sick and might not ever be back . I think ? (curtis) is doing the R-angles now . but anyone there at Tenn. attach. is easy to work with .
Just Do It ... : ) . you wont be sorry for it .
-
edit Add:
for reference, The tenn. attach. is item # ( 423-b ) .
. R-angle/ swing ) 3/4" tape set-up your looking for is going to run you ( 315-$ ) total with shipping . unless you are going to want them to provide the notched presser-foot and side-plate with mounting . Then it little more cost .
Your Needle-Feed Juki LH is a little cheaper on cost for Binder than Jerry's set-up is . His ( i think ?) Consew double-needle, is a walk-foot binder set-up and i think walk-foots are little more cost on the binder .

Hi Ray,

His ( i think ?) Consew double-needle, is a walk-foot binder set-up and i think walk-foots are little more cost on the binder .

I do have a Consew 339 with TA right-angle binding attachment. What I was posting about is a new right-angle binding attachment that I am getting for a Juki LH 1162 machine that I am buying.

TA is not only building me a new right-angle binding attachment but they are supplying the sliding plate that it will attach to and a new presser foot to ensure that the new binding attachment will sit at the ( hopefully ) perfect location. The extra parts are what is bringing the price to about $450.

Jerry Baumchen

Ahhh ..nice model of Juki . that should be a great setup when you get it all rolling .
That is pretty sweet on your order also, having them work the mounting positioning height & angle & distance from throat to the needles out for you and getting it all matched up on the side plate for your Juki model . hopefully it will be just tits when you get it and will give you no headaches .

I have had to work out a few bugs in the past if it not positioned just right . The L-edge of the feed-dog will tap edge of the binder setup on dog up-stroke . then also when pushing materials in firmly up against the push-plate/bumper guide on the the binder ( if to tight to needle ) and it will give just enough needle deflection on the R-side needle that It can get you the occasional dropping of a stitch . It can be a balancing act to get everything just right and smooth with the small 3/16 gauge setup .

Hi Ray,

I have had to work out a few bugs in the past if it not positioned just right

This is why I am having TA supply all of those parts.

When I went to install the binding attachment on my Consew it would not fit. A quick look-see and some time with the grinder got things just where I wanted them.

While I really do like working with my hands, with parachute sewing I just want to sew and sew and sew . . .

Jerry Baumchen

skydivebb

I'm looking for a raw edge single fold right angle binder for a LH-512 Juki double needle. I cant seem to find one and wonder if its a custom fit. If so; where can I get parts or a complete setup? Thanks

---

Did you ever get that R-angle binder set-up ?

this Thread just popped into my head today . So I dug this backup that was posted a few months back to add couple things .
Was Recommended you getting into Tennessee Attachment for there R-angle binder . because they are a good quality binder . but if you do go the TA route with them, Kind of left-out a little info that you might need if you already don't know .
I NOT a shill for TA, or a only use one brand of binder guy . I have done some Great work with other soldered-up binders with 3/4 tape on nylon as well . Tenn. Attach. Binders are spendy-$$, and I left-out some info that kind of addresses why .

There ( Tenn. Attachment ) Right-Angles Binders is more a 'parts system' that they have developed that all works together when binding . It is a few more things other than just a R-angle binder mounted on a right-side plate . Also, if you are getting with them for the very 1st time . It is not all that clear with talking on phone, or browsing on there web-site, All that is involved for getting a complete set-up of there design .
If your doing a flat-bed machine, cylinder-bed machine, double-needle or a single -needle machine . There binding system uses a 'raised height' Feed-Dog w/ raised Throat-Plate (needle plate) . That is purchased along with the R-angle binder . And also a Presser-Foot already shaped/trimmed short & notched-out , ( if your not into doing that yourself using a Dremel, grinder & file .

Raised Height in Feed dog / Throat plate . It is raised-up about another 3/16" or 1/8" which will bring a little closer on-level plain when feeding your material & Tape through the binders throat and though/accross the feed dogs . Also more level plain between the two, helps you get the nose of your Binder even more close into the presser-foot and needles for smoother turning on the radius binding .