GoFastJunki

Is the Xaos safe?

With the recent collapse in Eloy and rumors of two previously last year on the xaos ( I know there's still a lot of details to come of the most recent after investigations) I'm wondering if there's any weight to this theory? Is the xaos still safe? I've heard of different options as far as lineset for the xaos? Is one better than the other? Is one safe and the other not? Hoping to get some input for those who know more than I do
Dude that was Rad!

How can you use the words "safe" and "sub 100 square foot canopy" in the same sentence??????

Like all high performance, pond-swooping canopies, Xaos have only tiny margins for error. The smaller the canopy, the smaller the margin for error.
The smaller the logbook, the smaller the margin for error.
The smaller the cliff ... Oh! ... never mind 'cus that's another sport.

The thinner the suspension lines, the thinner the margin for error. .... er .... the thinner the line, the shorter the line service life.
If you have any doubts about line wear, march your canopy past your local rigger before your next jump.

Given all those variables, Xaos still seem more popular with "working skydivers" (freefall instructors and vidiots) because they seem more tolerant at opening time.

if it was the second jump on a new lineset (the most recent incident in Eloy) line wear would be ruled out you would think...I meant by "safe" as a canopy that doesn't collapse in normal use during calm conditions when the jumpers inputs would have or should have ended in an uneventful landing
Dude that was Rad!

GoFastJunki

if it was the second jump on a new lineset (the most recent incident in Eloy) line wear would be ruled out you would think.

Sounds like it could be a rigging error if it is found that the lines came off the canopy.
Gary, Gary, Gary, Would you like to play a game?