bdawk

Good 1st Rig

Coming off student status with A within 5-6 weeks hopefully

My exit weight is around 195 so WL would be .81 on the 240

Is a student canopy good for 100-200 jumps or is another type better?

Also what is BBOC student AFF Handle?

here are the details -
$3900
300 jumps
"240-5"
UPT Vector SE, Excellent condition DOM 4/2013
PD 218 Reserve, DOM 3/2013
Airtec Student Cypres 2, DOM 5/2013
PD Student 240, Excellent condition

Complete parachute/harness container system. Equipped with BBOC student AFF handle, SKYHOOK RSL, throw-out Zero-P kill line pilot chute, adjustable harness. No reserve rides.

Available with a new Vigil instead of the Cypres 2

I personally wouldn't go for it, purely because you will out grow it fairly quickly.

I spent my student jumps on a 240 and now at 40 jumps Im comfortably flying a 200, my first rig and canopy will be a 190 with the container being able to take a downsize.

I'd stick to the student rigs until your ready for a canopy that you will be happy to put a few hundred jumps on.

I mean I'm just a 1 jump noob at skydiving and am not very current because of weather. I was going to say that the BBOC student AFF handle would most likely be whatever handle AFF student rigs have at your DZ but I realized that it depends the seller. My DZ has PVC tube handles on student rigs but I have seen a few AFF videos where the student has a hackey. I don't know anything about skydiving at other drop zones or different countries. Could be that hackies for students is pretty common in other parts of the world for all I know. Were you an AFF student or SL/IAD?

bdawk

My exit weight is around 195 so WL would be .81 on the 240
Is a student canopy good for 100-200 jumps or is another type better?
Also what is BBOC student AFF Handle?
here are the details -
$3900
300 jumps
"240-5"
UPT Vector SE, Excellent condition DOM 4/2013
PD 218 Reserve, DOM 3/2013
Airtec Student Cypres 2, DOM 5/2013
PD Student 240, Excellent condition
Complete parachute/harness container system. Equipped with BBOC student AFF handle, SKYHOOK RSL, throw-out Zero-P kill line pilot chute, adjustable harness. No reserve rides
Available with a new Vigil instead of the Cypres 2

I would pass on this for several reasons.

1- Its student Gear. Student's don't take care of gear because they don't understand the importance of taking care of gear yet.
2-Adjustable Harness. This is a good feature when different sized people will be using it. You only come in one size, so find a rig with a harness the fits you well that it not adjustable.
3-AFF BOC. That means it has a cutaway style device on the left side of the rig so the reserve side instructor can deploy the student. Great feature for AFF, not something you want in your gear.
4-240 seems too big for you. I would think a 210 would be the absolute biggest main you'd want to start on. Some other people might think that a 240 is the right size canopy for you. I think you would get really, really bored of the main canopy really, really fast. I guess it really depends on what kind of flyer you are.

This rig should stay a student rig.

radical_flyer

I mean I'm just a 1 jump noob at skydiving and am not very current because of weather. I was going to say that the BBOC student AFF handle would most likely be whatever handle AFF student rigs have at your DZ

It's an extra handle on the left side of the BOC, for AFF instructors. Like this:
[inline IMG_6043.jpg ]

Ie, not something a non-student would need, and not something a sport jumper would want on his/her rig.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I'm still new.. and waiting the long 40 weeks for my first rig. I would recommend renting until you know what you want. Then pick a sporty yet SAFE size canopy that you can grand master before deciding where to go from there.

I would expect you will probably want something in the 190 / 170 range when you are whole heartedly ready to buy. HOWEVER, the best advise you can get will come from an instructor who has seen your landings and has a solid interest in not seeing you hurt.