keithbar

military surplus spectre ?

A guy is selling a spectre 210 in the classified adds here. Says he got it from a army surplus store. Says it needs a new line set. Lol. I know the military does cut the lines off surplus canopies. Didn't know they used spectre's
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

keithbar

A guy is selling a spectre 210 in the classified adds here. Says he got it from a army surplus store. Says it needs a new line set. Lol. I know the military does cut the lines off surplus canopies. Didn't know they used spectre's

A lot of military surplus stores sell stuff that was never owned by the military.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

I guess that's true. I just couldn't think of a reason that a civilian would cut the lines off it and sell it to a surplus store
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

Ok. now I got you. the surplus store doesn't want the liability of some dumbass buying it and jumping off the roof of the barn. Now if he would come off that $ 800. for a canopy with an unknown number of jumps and needs a reline. :S

Military Spectres?

It didn't take much googling to find stuff like this, from 2011:

The Mission and Installation Contracting Command Center-Yuma, U.S. Army Yuma Proving Ground (USAYPG), Arizona, intends to negotiate a firm-fixed price contract.

This contract will consist of:

Contract Line Item Number (CLIN) 0001, Quantity: 6, Unit of Issue: Each, Description: Spectre 210 with 825 Micro Lines with Slinks, Draw String Sliders, Color: Navy Blue;

Contract Line Item Number (CLIN) 0002, Quantity: 4, Unit of Issue: Each, Description: Spectre 170 with 825 Micro Lines with Slinks, Draw String Sliders, Color: Navy Blue;

Contract Line Item Number (CLIN) 0003, Quantity: 2, Unit of Issue: Each, Description: Navigator 200 with 525 Lines, with #5 Links, Color: Navy Blue;

Contract Line Item Number (CLIN) 0004, Quantity: 4, Unit of Issue: Each, Description Navigator 220 with 525 Lines, with #5 Links, Color: Navy Blue;

etc.

So the original story sounds possible.