pajarito

Janet Reno is a MAN......BABY!!!

If I was going to call anyone a constitution-trampling zealot nutjob, I'd look at the people who are trying to kill the first amendment though McCain-Feingold BCRA along with denying free speech to non PC groups, and the second amendment through a patchwork of progressively stronger gun control.

What would you say Ashcroft has done to the constitution? Habeas corpus? Make a case for it. Anything else?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

-The Patriot Act
-His endorsement of cults like Bob Jones University
-His insistence on holding prayer meetings on my tax dollar at his Justice Dept office.
-Numerous secret lists of names held by the DoJ for reasons of "National Security"
-Insistence, while using his office as a credential that the US is a Christian country (Hey asshat, we're secular!!)

Need I continue?

Here's a partial record of Clinton/Reno and co:
Collected FBI files of political enemies
Prosecution of white house travel office employees to provide political cover for Hillary
Destruction of Branch Davidians
Confiscation of public lands
Commando style raid conducted in order to send Elian Gonzales back to their hero Castro
etc.

-The Patriot Act

Necessary in our current state of war.

Cult?

-His insistence on holding prayer meetings on my tax dollar at his Justice Dept office.

What does it cost you? I'm sure they aren't mandatory. He's just a religious person in a political office.

-Numerous secret lists of names held by the DoJ for reasons of "National Security"

You don't believe in the Government being aloud to keep secrets in the name of National Security?

-Insistence, while using his office as a credential that the US is a Christian country (Hey asshat, we're secular!!)

Founded on Christian principals. I'm sure you would try and exert your influence as an Atheist if you were in office.

Need I continue?

Yes...with anything credible.

-The Patriot Act

Necessary in our current state of war.

Cult?

What does it cost you? I'm sure they aren't mandatory. He's just a religious person in a political office.

You don't believe in the Government being aloud to keep secrets in the name of National Security?

Founded on Christian principals. I'm sure you would try and exert your influence as an Atheist if you were in office.

Need I continue?

Yes...with anything credible.

I'm not Atheist. Deist/Christian..
The Patriot Act--it allows far too many broad reaching powers in terms of surveillance on innocent civilians.

BJU--Until recently, forbade interracial dating, calls Catholicism a "Cult," Forbids Dancing, Movies, Drinking, Smoking.---And High Priest Ashcroft endorses this f-ed up place

"Prayer Meetings" Organized Religion has no place being endorsed by someone using his office as a bully pulpit. Imagine if you were a Muslim working at the DoJ--how welcomed/included would you feel?

He's a zealot, blinded by his dogma.

-The Patriot Act

Need I continue?

so which one of these violates the constitution? Be specific. Which article or amendment?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

I'm not Atheist. Deist/Christian..

That doesn't make sense, you believe in God or Jesus, but don't believe in their influence?

The Patriot Act--it allows far too many broad reaching powers in terms of surveillance on innocent civilians.

And absolutely all of it requires judicial warrants and has Congressional oversight.

BJU--Until recently, forbade interracial dating, calls Catholicism a "Cult," Forbids Dancing, Movies, Drinking, Smoking.---And High Priest Ashcroft endorses this f-ed up place

Private institutions are allowed to set their own rules. None of this is "illegal", albeit, I wouldn't want to go there.

"Prayer Meetings" Organized Religion has no place being endorsed by someone using his office as a bully pulpit. Imagine if you were a Muslim working at the DoJ--how welcomed/included would you feel?

I know a couple people who work in/around the beltway who are also Muslim. They are able to conduct their prayer sessions (6/day IIRC) without ridicule.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Lovely.

I've met Ms. Reno. She is an incredibly intelligent and articulate person. Who, by the way, manage to Run law enforcement in this country while dealing with Parkinson's Disease.

You try it.

If you can't find real criticisms of her, why not resort to the old standby of insulting her appearance? Yes, that will win an argument every time.

>:(
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Lovely.

I've met Ms. Reno. She is an incredibly intelligent and articulate person. Who, by the way, manage to Run law enforcement in this country while dealing with Parkinson's Disease.

You try it.

If you can't find real criticisms of her, why not resort to the old standby of insulting her appearance? Yes, that will win an argument every time.

>:(

I have many criticisms of Ms. Reno that have nothing to do with her sexual orientation or appearance.

Starting with Elian Gonzales, Waco, Ruby Ridge, her obstruction of justice throughout the Clinton years etc.

I will give her credit for her honesty yesterday before the 9/11 Commission. Especially when the Dimocrats tried to evoke the answers they wanted to hear from her and she stood up to them and told the truth.

I may not agree with you, gravitymaster, but thank you for providing specifics.

as for this:

She could come play for the Atlanta Falcons...

How very mature.

I repeat my previous post.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Janet Reno is a MAN!

I resemble that remark.

Oh - wait - I mean I resemble Janet Reno or Janet Reno resembles me.
Ahh - We look like each other.

I remember when I saw Janet Reno on TV for the first time. I said 'Wow - that's someone that looks like me as the Attorney General of the United States of America!'
She was a great visual mentor. She still is.

I won't claim to know her personal resume and all the political ramifications. I do know that the image of someone that looked like me, holding a high office was a powerful positive image. After all, I'm just a mere woman that only considers 'looks' to be important.

But alas, Janet Reno wears lipstick. That is high maintenance to me. She is too fru-fru. Maybe that's a Washington DC influence?

Our football teams.
Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker