JohnRich

Kerry's "Watergate" Scandal?

From the BBC News:

Theft of FBI files 'has makings of Kerry Watergate'

"It has, according to the victim of a burglary in California, all the makings of a 'west coast Watergate'.

"When Gerald Nicosia, a respected author and historian, returned to his home in the town of Corte Madera on March 25, it became clear that he had been the victim of an unusual break-in...

"The only items missing, Mr Nicosia realised, were three box files of politically-charged documents. They looked unexceptional but were filled with FBI surveillance records on a Vietnam veteran and anti-war activist by the name of John Kerry.

"Mr Nicosia believes that the burglars were seeking papers that link Senator Kerry - the Democratic presidential candidate - to a controversial meeting of anti-Vietnam War activists in the early 1970s, at which a proposal to assassinate US congressmen was discussed..."

Full Story: London Telegraph

Yeah, and I had a photo of GWB snorting coke while making an low inverted pass over the Alamo.

Here are a few facts about the break in:

The victim is a Kerry supporter.

The victim called and was visited by a few of Kerry's campaign workers a few days before the break in.

They were looking at the FBI files.

The victim refused to let the police document the crime scene ie take finger prints, look for evidence, etc.

There were no signs of forced entry into the house from the outside (don't know about the inside due to victim).

Sounds to me like someone is trying to invent a scandal.

Unfortunately, somebody broke into my files and stole that too.

Seems to be a common problem with Kerry supporters lately.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Ben Franklin

The real scandal is how anyone could actually take Kerry seriously on any issue!

Whatever happened to the "scandal" that involved him and some women who he was supposedly porking on the side, and she was asked to flee the country etc etc. ?

Um, she left the US because she already had business somewhere else AND she categorically denies that it ever happened.

Unless somebody has some photos -- it's a dead issue because there's simply nothing to show it ever was more than a smear attempt.

Doesn't mean it didn't happen -- just that there's absolutely no proof and nothing to show otherwise.

So, how can you possibly talk about it? Seriously. What would the media show?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Um, she left the US because she already had business somewhere else AND she categorically denies that it ever happened.

Unless somebody has some photos -- it's a dead issue because there's simply nothing to show it ever was more than a smear attempt.

Doesn't mean it didn't happen -- just that there's absolutely no proof and nothing to show otherwise.

So, how can you possibly talk about it? Seriously. What would the media show?

That was exactly the point and that this little tid-bit of "news" is along the same lines. Guess I should have put a :S in it somewhere.

Yeah, everything the London Telegraph and Fox News say is a lie.

Well, I'm sold. Your well-researched, logically argued and strongly backed-up arguments are good enough for me.

Oh, er, wait a sec...

That comment was sarcasm, and expected to be so obvious that no one would take it seriously.

That's the second time lately that someone has missed my tongue-in-cheek stuff. I guess I'm going to have to start making it more obvious...

That comment was sarcasm, and expected to be so obvious that no one would take it seriously.

That's the second time lately that someone has missed my tongue-in-cheek stuff. I guess I'm going to have to start making it more obvious...

My comment was sarcasm as well. Your statement was neither logically argued nor strongly backed up. :)

Isn't April a bit early for these sort of non events? I'm so glad I have tivo to protect me, not to mention neither candidate will bother paying for ad time in San Francisco. We all know Kerry served in Vietnam, and afterwards he was in the antiwar movement. Assissination conspiracies ... come on!

Besides, Watergate wasn't about the break-in, rather about how Nixon squashed any attempts to look into it. Given all the other shit Dick did, it felt like nailing Al Capone on tax evasion. 20 years later he is suddenly the wise elder statesman. I guess this means in 2020 they'll let Bill head up a Girl Scout troop.

Yeah, and I had a photo of GWB snorting coke while making an low inverted pass over the Alamo

cool! how low? Cause if I didn't have to duck it was just a "regular pass".
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334