mathrick

Break cord / tape grades

Because generally gluing things down with a resin-type substance makes it hard to rotate them? I don't quite see how you'd work around that. I'm not familiar with the specific Contour mount you're referring to, so I have no idea how it managed to make the camera able to rotate around an axis while having gaps pluggable by polymorph. The only way I see is to have an internal point-attached mount covered externally by an enclosed fairing, but that's way more complex even than my idea.

The mounting plate doesn't rotate with with the visor when it goes up and down, but it is adjustable if you loosen the hex bolt in the middle. That's how the helmet is constructed, and the washer is specifically intended as an attachment point; the other side doesn't have mounting holes drilled (though you can swap them freely).
"Skydivers are highly emotional people. They get all excited about their magical black box full of mysterious life saving forces."

mathrick

Because generally gluing things down with a resin-type substance makes it hard to rotate them? I don't quite see how you'd work around that. I'm not familiar with the specific Contour mount you're referring to, so I have no idea how it managed to make the camera able to rotate around an axis while having gaps pluggable by polymorph. The only way I see is to have an internal point-attached mount covered externally by an enclosed fairing, but that's way more complex even than my idea.

The mounting plate doesn't rotate with with the visor when it goes up and down, but it is adjustable if you loosen the hex bolt in the middle. That's how the helmet is constructed, and the washer is specifically intended as an attachment point; the other side doesn't have mounting holes drilled (though you can swap them freely).

So if you are going to use a bolt when mounting it at the visor, why not use a bolt at the dytterpocket?
No shit you can't glue something and then expect it to rotate.

I would have used something like this:
http://fa-stone.en.alibaba.com/product/552068781-213362208/serrated_lock_washer_din6798.html
Attach one on the camera and one on the helmet.
Bolt through that you can loosen when you want to rotate it.

It will leave a smal gap between helmet and camera, but this can be filled with....