Second-Hand Smoke: Child Abuse?

Darius11

Right man, I rather have a parent blow a few cigarettes in to their daughters face then have them go through that shit.

"a few cigarettes"

how about, multiple times a day, every day, for 20 years.
trapped in a car with windows up
in the house
on trips
every moment
clothes filthy from smoke
hair filthy from smoke
furniture smelling of it
asthma
allergies
coughing
worse performance in sports
(taught worse health and fitness habits)
(taught disregard for others)

I'm 47 years old, hospitalized at age 5 for asthma - treatment started about 15 years ago - my asthma is 'almost' gone - or minimized, but fully controlled now - after 10 years of treatment - large lung passages improved from 70% capacity to 75% capacity - small passages damaged worse, but slight improvement. Once I got out of the house, it was immensely better, but permanant damage still happened.

:P

and still - I agree. Pageants is even worse than that

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

***Right man, I rather have a parent blow a few cigarettes in to their daughters face then have them go through that shit.

"a few cigarettes"

how about, multiple times a day, every day, for 20 years.
trapped in a car with windows up
in the house
on trips
every moment
clothes filthy from smoke
hair filthy from smoke
furniture smelling of it
asthma
allergies
coughing
worse performance in sports
(taught worse health and fitness habits)
(taught disregard for others)

I'm 47 years old, hospitalized at age 5 for asthma - treatment started about 15 years ago - my asthma is 'almost' gone - or minimized, but fully controlled now - after 10 years of treatment - large lung passages improved from 70% capacity to 75% capacity - small passages damaged worse, but slight improvement. Once I got out of the house, it was immensely better, but permanant damage still happened.

:P

and still - I agree. Pageants is even worse than that

LMAO - I was reading this and formulating a response of whether or not it would have been more traumatic for you to be dressed up shaking your sass in a little tiny pageant dress or deal nwith the smoking.:D:D:D:D

I wonder what you would have looked like . . .:D:D:D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

BillyVance

8. Attn: Smokers – STOP. FUCKING. LITTERING. YOU. GOD. DAMNED. TWATWAFFLES.

This - a million times this.
I think there is a blind spot where smokers think a cigarette end is not litter. Even if there is a trash can 3 feet away.

ETA. I like the word Twatwaffle.

Yep, and fuck those assholes who flick the butts out the window when driving. And especially FUCK that shithead who flicked one out at night and it exploded in a shower of sparks off my windshield. >:(

Took one to the visor on the bike once. While I feel my reaction was perhaps somewhat over the top, I expect he won't be likely to forget it.
cavete terrae.
  • Like 1

grue

I think there is a blind spot where smokers think a cigarette end is not litter. Even if there is a trash can 3 feet away.

Yep, and fuck those assholes who flick the butts out the window when driving. And especially FUCK that shithead who flicked one out at night and it exploded in a shower of sparks off my windshield. >:(

Took one to the visor on the bike once. While I feel my reaction was perhaps somewhat over the top, I expect he won't be likely to forget it.

Yeah? Right on. Wha'd you do? Assuming the statute of limitations have expired. :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

Yeah? Right on. Wha'd you do? Assuming the statute of limitations have expired. :ph34r:

Followed him until the next light, swung around him and stopped the bike in front of him, got off, and informed him (he was in a convertible so I didn't have to get him to roll down his window) that throwing burning objects out of a car is not only stupid but dangerous, and if I didn't see some immediate regret I would burn him down with the fuel from his own car. I don't recall the exact wording because it was several years ago, but it was something along those lines.
cavete terrae.

grue

Followed him until the next light, swung around him and stopped the bike in front of him, got off, and informed him (he was in a convertible so I didn't have to get him to roll down his window) that throwing burning objects out of a car is not only stupid but dangerous, and if I didn't see some immediate regret I would burn him down with the fuel from his own car. I don't recall the exact wording because it was several years ago, but it was something along those lines.

Good job. B|

Anybody notice that vehicles aren't equipped with built-in ashtrays anymore? When the fuck did that happen? I know it's simpler and cleaner for the vehicles for people to just flick it out of the car, not to mention that awful smell of the filter burning when the butt is being mashed out.

I get that smokers need some personal freedom to smoke, just as long as they don't endanger anyone else's health, but littering with those butts are just as bad as throwing trash out the window. Those butts don't degrade for years and years. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

On 5/19/2003 at 6:25 PM, SkymonkeyONE said:

The following is a very-real quote from my dad:

"Boy, I was man enough to bring you into this world; I am certainly man enough to take you out of it."

I came out just fine, thank you very much.

Our Dads must have been related!  He said the exact same thing, plus other variants along the line.  But, having said that, he was the fairest man I knew.  Loved him dearly, and miss him dearly.